Infotainment screen has gone blank

Raymondo

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
The infotainment screen has gone blank.
After reading various posts about this, I pressed the Home Screen for 10 seconds .
The MG logo came up on the screen for a little while, but then went blank again.
I have just booked the car in, but the earliest date they can offer is 22nd May.
Any Ideas?

The car is an MG5 excel standard range

You could try a hard reset (12V Battery disconnect) but there's not much else you can do if that doesn't work. Try contacting other dealers to get a better date.

Not impressed with MG services. After waiting over an hour they told me that the screen was faulty. They needed the car for 2 weeks. The screen has to be sent away. The earliest they can do it is 15th May.

My screen has gone off a few times in the last 3 years but it comes back on after what seems like a reboot and show the MG logo.

If they are sending the screen to Longbridge it's most likely a software problem.

My screen has gone off a few times in the last 3 years but it comes back on after what seems like a reboot and show the MG logo.
Same here, mine must have gone blank dozens of times, but sometimes just resets itself or I press the volume button, I sometimes experience phone connection problems, if I have the display showing just the date and time, it always needs a switch off and on again if that happens. PFL MG5

My screen also has gone blank a few times, but this time it has given up completely. The reversing camera is still working and the MG logo comes on periodically, but then it goes blank again.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom