Infotainment screen

Graham5

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Hi all, once again I need your expertise. Is there a way to turn the infotainment centre of and on, heaven forbid I can't even turn the radio of and it now refuses to mute/pause or whatever it used to do.

Press and hold the physical home button for about 5 seconds and the head unit will turn off. If you long press, I think its about 20 seconds, the head unit will do s soft reset. i.e; turn off and on again.
If neither of these actions work you can hard reset the head unit from the menu. If you do this you will have to change any of the settings previously set. Amazingly though my phone bluetooth connection did not need to be recreated.

Hi all. I have a 2023 MG5 SE fl and commute a lot in the dark. Can someone tell me is there a way to dim down the dash brightness beyond the three levels selected on the wheel (there's little difference between them), and can I turn off the infotainment screen? I'm struggling in the dark and find them both way too bright even when dimmed. I'm sure I must be missing something.
1000021943.jpg

Hi all. I have a 2023 MG5 SE fl and commute a lot in the dark. Can someone tell me is there a way to dim down the dash brightness beyond the three levels selected on the wheel (there's little difference between them), and can I turn off the infotainment screen? I'm struggling in the dark and find them both way too bright even when dimmed. I'm sure I must be missing something.View attachment 25320
You can on the pre FL by using the steering wheel arrows to go right and then there is a setting for luminance.

I have been getting regular issues with my infotainment system lately, crashing, freezing and not connecting to my phone. Holding down the power button for about 15-20 seconds normally reboots it.

Hi all. I have a 2023 MG5 SE fl and commute a lot in the dark. Can someone tell me is there a way to dim down the dash brightness beyond the three levels selected on the wheel (there's little difference between them), and can I turn off the infotainment screen? I'm struggling in the dark and find them both way too bright even when dimmed. I'm sure I must be missing something.View attachment 25320
At my desk so can’t remember exactly but swipe down from top of infotainment screen and there is a brightness option. (I think) Is there also an option to turn screen off (or am thinking of my Seat Leon?)

And yes main driver display is too bright even on lowest setting.

You should be able to turn off the centre display by holding the multifunction button in for about 10 seconds. It will go dark and show only the time.

Swipe down from top of screen to reveal brightness slider, and button to turn off next to BT icon. Off is still backlit clock but dimmer.

IMG_1693.jpeg

IMG_1694.jpeg

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom