Infotainment system Dead

GavinJ

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
I have read on the forum about problems when updating satnav. Today, the infotainment system in my MG5 has died. The screen is working because the back up camera works and the radio works, but the icons have disappeared. Any ideas? Is there a reboot function? I have turned the car off and on before you suggest that old one. Any help much appreciated as I was going to try out Android Auto...

I have read on the forum about problems when updating satnav. Today, the infotainment system in my MG5 has died. The screen is working because the back up camera works and the radio works, but the icons have disappeared. Any ideas? Is there a reboot function? I have turned the car off and on before you suggest that old one. Any help much appreciated as I was going to try out Android Auto...
Hold the middle home button down until the screen goes completely of and the MG symbol comes up again

Well, guess what... Went out this morning ready to reboot system and it was working.... Strange, but I will try your recommendation next time.

By the way, plugged in phone and connected to Android Auto first time. I will post on the android thread as well. Thanks again for the advice

Well, guess what... Went out this morning ready to reboot system and it was working.... Strange, but I will try your recommendation next time.

By the way, plugged in phone and connected to Android Auto first time. I will post on the android thread as well. Thanks again for the advice
Glad it’s okay, you can try the reboot to see how it works as it won’t affect anything, at least you know then.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom