• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Infotainment System Update

bigkenny

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Hi All,

I am a total newbie as I just got my MG5 delivered today. When I was playing about with the Entertainment system I was annoyed that the radio stations were not displaying names. I searched online and it seems I am missing the DAB/RDS section in the settings. I think that they have just delivered one with an old software version I have SW Version EP22_MCEUK_NAV_31.26.211123_R

I figure I need to upgrade it so tried to get the car load a fingerprint on a USB but it just seems to sit for ages saying looking for USB. How long does it usually take to load a fingerprint?

Thanks in advance

The fingerprint is fast, your usb needs to be formatted in a certain way and ideally below a certain size.

The problem is that this naviextras process only updates the sat nav maps, and that version number relates to the sat nav, not the infotainment system or car software level.

You need to take your car to a dealer to do any kind of software update beyond the maps.

The fingerprint is fast, your usb needs to be formatted in a certain way and ideally below a certain size.

The problem is that this naviextras process only updates the sat nav maps, and that version number relates to the sat nav, not the infotainment system or car software level.

You need to take your car to a dealer to do any kind of software update beyond the maps.
Thanks. I lease the car so will speak to them but as I am responsible for servicing I reckon they will tell me to arrange it. Do you know if it is something they charge for?

Thanks. I lease the car so will speak to them but as I am responsible for servicing I reckon they will tell me to arrange it. Do you know if it is something they charge for?
Have a look at these threads

Have a look at these threads

Thanks. This is exactly what I have. Contacted the leasing company after reading these threads and they have confirmed it will be recalled to have the new unit as soon as it is available.

I can live with it as I'll probably use Android Auto more than DAB anyway

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom