Infotainment updates wanted for next update

Mmartens03

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
What do you guys like to see in a next update?

Infotainment wise:

For me it would be first off state of charge button on speedometer screen and on media screen
  • audio tab on speedometer screen (song playing, radio station, ...)
  • Navigation tab on speedometer screen
  • Phone tab on speedometer screen

in overall a more updated speedometer screen if possible

Let know what you guys want updated

I like HUDs, prefer to have HUD speedo and nav turn arrows.

I'm waiting for a Linux maestro to build his/her own system! I know, I live in hope...

It would be nice to have a indication that the brake lights are on when using regenerative braking
The brake lights automatically illuminate when a set level of retardation is reached (more than you'd get with engine braking in an ICE car) so you shouldn't even need to worry about them illuminating.

Where to start! More than anything I HATE how long it takes to show the climate settings; I actually think it's dangerous how laggy it is as you have to keep glancing away from the road to see where the fans are distributing the air etc. Sometimes when connected to Android Auto it's especially laggy. It needs to either work properly or be replaced with a separate display for the climate controls.
The sound quality is terrible, the screen resolution grainy and the reversing camera is about as much use as the GOM in low light or wet conditions.
I don't mind not having a fully digital panel (I quite like seeing the power needle scooting around when you floor it) but I HATE how it constantly switches to the driver assistance screen, I might be scrolling through to see my GOM and it switches back to the driver assistance screen before I even get to the GOM screen - massively irritating.
A head up display would be nice, even if it's a basic one with a plastic screen.
I would like to be able to see my songs etc on the instrument cluster too.
I also HATE the fact there's no way to see the battery percentage as that's a more accurate way of judging range. After the comfort 2 update which put the range in the bottom of the dial, they should have made the physical switch show the battery percentage instead of repeating the range.

Where to start! More than anything I HATE how long it takes to show the climate settings; I actually think it's dangerous how laggy it is as you have to keep glancing away from the road to see where the fans are distributing the air etc. Sometimes when connected to Android Auto it's especially laggy. It needs to either work properly or be replaced with a separate display for the climate controls.
The sound quality is terrible, the screen resolution grainy and the reversing camera is about as much use as the GOM in low light or wet conditions.
I don't mind not having a fully digital panel (I quite like seeing the power needle scooting around when you floor it) but I HATE how it constantly switches to the driver assistance screen, I might be scrolling through to see my GOM and it switches back to the driver assistance screen before I even get to the GOM screen - massively irritating.
A head up display would be nice, even if it's a basic one with a plastic screen.
I also HATE the fact there's no way to see the battery percentage as that's a more accurate way of judging range. After the comfort 2 update which put the range in the bottom of the dial, they should have made the physical switch show the battery percentage instead of repeating the range.
You, like some others seem to have become a little bitter since rejecting your car.

My panel does not 'constantly switch to the driver assistance screen', it starts on the speedo and stays there unless I do something to make it go elsewhere, such as turning on ACC.
Not sure why you need to scroll to get to the GOM ? Isn't it always on display bottom left in the centre ?

You, like some others seem to have become a little bitter since rejecting your car.

My panel does not 'constantly switch to the driver assistance screen', it starts on the speedo and stays there unless I do something to make it go elsewhere, such as turning on ACC.
Not sure why you need to scroll to get to the GOM ? Isn't it always on display bottom left in the centre ?
I had these irritations before I rejected the car.
These are things you only find out when you live with a car.
I'm talking about the GOM as in checking my "economy". I use ACC all the time so this issue is constantly prevalent.
I'm bitter about how terrible the quality is of the car, how nonsensical some of the controls are and how much time it's spent with the completely useless dealer.

I had these irritations before I rejected the car.
These are things you only find out when you live with a car.
I'm talking about the GOM as in checking my "economy". I use ACC all the time so this issue is constantly prevalent.
I'm bitter about how terrible the quality is of the car, how nonsensical some of the controls are and how much time it's spent with the completely useless dealer.
Are you driving a different car to me. I don't have any problems with the GOM readings. Most of the controls seem to work OK to me and are anything but nonsensical. And as for the quality of the finish I can't find any fault with the build for a car that is loaded with extras and is on sale in the low twenty thousands. If you want supreme quality you are going to have to pay a supreme price. I have bought many big name brand cars in the past that don't come anywhere near the finish of the MG ZS EV.

Are you driving a different car to me. I don't have any problems with the GOM readings. Most of the controls seem to work OK to me and are anything but nonsensical. And as for the quality of the finish I can't find any fault with the build for a car that is loaded with extras and is on sale in the low twenty thousands. If you want supreme quality you are going to have to pay a supreme price. I have bought many big name brand cars in the past that don't come anywhere near the finish of the MG ZS EV.
Some people want a £40k car for a low £20k price tag don't they have a test drive before buying? If they don't like it then save up for what they really want. Perhaps they just like to moan!

Some people want a £40k car for a low £20k price tag don't they have a test drive before buying? If they don't like it then save up for what they really want. Perhaps they just like to moan!
I don't think it's always a case of not liking the car. They have a test drive, love the car then when they receive their car it turns out to be a Lemon with more than one fault.
Mine's been almost perfect except for the clicky steering, which I've now fixed myself, nothing else that a quick squirt of silicon spray can't resolve has failed or given trouble, it's performed exactly as I expected and is exceptional value and cheap to run.

Having to monitor display for climate control is not preferred, I agree. Some of the modern cars have gone step further and removed the physical controls all together which in my opinion is even worse. With my car at least I do not need to fiddle with touch screen to get AC running. I am happy with it, of course I would like to see the MG infotainment used in India spec cars here. I understand the software is much better quality and reliable.

Sound quality is not terrible, it has decent fidelity, it lacks depth in BASS but I never judge a car by its audio setup. In the overall scheme of things I will not pay more for better speaker.

I agree that reverse camera is not well executed. They should mount it higher. No complaints about resolution though.

Digital instrument cluster, Initially it irked me. Constantly switching to assistance view, but I later realized it's function. It is constantly showing me if lane keep assist is detecting the lines or if MG pilot detects a car in front too close to me. Now I learnt to look at analogue speed dials and button 3 on center console for GOM. No complaints there. I am looking forward to any improvements with MG Marvel R in instrument cluster.

Totally agree about battery percentage reading. It should have been offered. I learnt that MG have rejected this in current iteration of car.

I expect a new car to be of "satisfactory quality", mine is not.
I'm aware you get what you pay for but most of the things that irritate on this car could easily be fixed with a software update.
The issues I have had MG can't even fix - doesn't fill me with confidence in the car, the dealer or MG. All of which means I am entitled to "moan"

Last edited:
I don't think it's always a case of not liking the car. They have a test drive, love the car then when they receive their car it turns out to be a Lemon with more than one fault.
Mine's been almost perfect except for the clicky steering, which I've now fixed myself, nothing else that a quick squirt of silicon spray can't resolve has failed or given trouble, it's performed exactly as I expected and is exceptional value and cheap to run.
@Kithmo the steering click you're experiencing what's it like?
Mine has actual play - when cornering or coming out of a junction etc, the steering wheel physically moves left or right (depending on direction if travel) and you can feel and hear a small clunk.

@Kithmo the steering click you're experiencing what's it like?
Mine has actual play - when cornering or coming out of a junction etc, the steering wheel physically moves left or right (depending on direction if travel) and you can feel and hear a small clunk.
I couldn't actually see any movement in the wheel on mine, but it did click (or more like a light knock) when I tugged the wheel left and right (lateral not circular motion) or up and down. Taking the bottom cowling off, I could see the tilt clamp moving as I tugged the wheel. I don't know if you saw my other post, but my solution was to forego tilt adjustment, set the tilt to where I wanted it and tighten the 13mm nut on the clamp bolt right up. I've done just over 200 urban miles (lots of steering) since and the knock has not returned, but I have no tilt adjustment on the steering.

Thanks for the info. Mine has the same play and knock when tugging the wheel - usually when cornering. If I was keeping the car I'd most likely employ your fix, doesn't seem worth it now it's going.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom