Infotainment video MP4 and Music MP3 files

Mr C

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
I have put video and music files on a memory stick and plugged that into the phone USB socket in the front centre console. I could play music files and video, may come in handy to pass time waiting for charging.

Attachments

• Infotainment USB video MP4 and Music MP3 files.jpg
    Infotainment USB video MP4 and Music MP3 files.jpg
    449.2 KB · Views: 247
If you search the forum, someone has put together a list of supported video formats/resolutions, and I've listed supported audio formats from my own testing (for the ZS), Might come in handy...

I have put video and music files on a memory stick and plugged that into the phone USB socket in the front centre console. I could play music files and video, may come in handy to pass time waiting for charging.
Which size of memory stick did you use?

Which size of memory stick did you use?
I had an old 64 Gig memory stick in the back of a drawer, holds plenty of music and video, I am using it to pass time when I'm out and about using top up chargers like POD. I don't know how big of a memory stick you could use.

Dunno if it's the same in the MG5 as my ZS which has two USB ports at the front - have you tried both?

I have a 64gig scan disk usb loaded with MP3 music and it says format not recognised on MG5 Help
Mine said that when I plugged in a stick with MP4 films on, then it started playing. 😕

Is there a facility to format the stick from the car itself? Sometimes this can help. If not I would try another brand of USB stick, freshly formatted, with maybe just a few MP3's on it to test.

We have issues in work with certain USB's not working in our equipment, it's usually down to the chipset they used being sourced from a certain manufacturer who doesn't comply with all the standards associated with the USB version.

Is there a facility to format the stick from the car itself? Sometimes this can help. If not I would try another brand of USB stick, freshly formatted, with maybe just a few MP3's on it to test.

We have issues in work with certain USB's not working in our equipment, it's usually down to the chipset they used being sourced from a certain manufacturer who doesn't comply with all the standards associated with the USB version.
@Biogeg can you got to the settings menu and format the USB stick for SatNav map upgrade? I'm not suggesting you actually try and update the maps, but this initial step formats the memory stick (I think) and adds a couple of small files. If this works, then the USB stick is being accepted by the car - if not, try another brand. If it works, add your movie/music files and see if those now work - ensuring bitrate and format matches the list from link previously posted

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom