InstaVolt - billing

D

Deleted member 2439

Hi,

On my recent trip north I used InstaVolt chargers a total of 4 times. The £5 pre-auth charge appeared immediately on my banking app, with charges for 2 of them coming out within 24 hours or so. However, nothing as yet on the other 2.

I‘m not complaining, but it’s a poor business model that doesn’t bill customers. Has anyone else had this?

Cheers

Hi,

On my recent trip north I used InstaVolt chargers a total of 4 times. The £5 pre-auth charge appeared immediately on my banking app, with charges for 2 of them coming out within 24 hours or so. However, nothing as yet on the other 2.

I‘m not complaining, but it’s a poor business model that doesn’t bill customers. Has anyone else had this?

Cheers
Yes. I have just completed a week in Norfolk and have charged total of 3 times at 2 different Instavolt sites. None of these are showing a pre-auth or charge to the card I used.
Also used a CYC site using the BP pulse card I have on free trial (intending to cancel after the free summer 3 months are up :) ) that hasn't shown up either. Only ones that have are on the Shell Recharge which I used twice but used the RFID card. Perhaps I should have used contactless instead.

Lincs Robert, Gomev
Gentlemen please if you have not been charged then keep it to yourselves same thing happened to me in near Swansea South Wales with instavolt this last week but that’s not my fault or yours, might be they are on free vend for some reason but I’m not going to ask the question, but I will make a noise if they charge to much thats for sure
Les

Yes. I have just completed a week in Norfolk and have charged total of 3 times at 2 different Instavolt sites. None of these are showing a pre-auth or charge to the card I used.
Also used a CYC site using the BP pulse card I have on free trial (intending to cancel after the free summer 3 months are up :) ) that hasn't shown up either. Only ones that have are on the Shell Recharge which I used twice but used the RFID card. Perhaps I should have used contactless instead.
How did you get a free trial card for BP pulse?
Thanks

Thanks
Apply here @Bazzer44 .

4C4A6F88-EFEC-4858-944A-DFE3A2902E48.png

Thanks
I didn't want to subscribe, so I opened a Pulse account, put some money in and just used the app, no card.
I have no desire to be a member or to subscribe, but since there is a 3 months free for new members am taking advantage.
I took out membership to take advantage of member rates, even lower than subscription rates (@Kithmo ) and lower still from contactless (daft having 3 levels of charges !!!).
I also timed it to cover July/Aug/Sept summer (travelling) months, I will of course terminate prior to the end of the 3 months.

Thanks
If you want the luxury of a RFID card, you have subscribe and paying a monthly fee, I am sorry to say.
If you don’t have a mobile signal ( like in an under ground car park etc ) then you could be pretty much screwed, without the RFID card.
I have made the decision to have the RFID card and on the few occasions I have needed to use it, it has worked every single time.
Do I get good value for money paying the subscription set against my use age on their network ?.
NO - Not at all
But I wanted the facility of the card and figured the huge cost of the fossil fuel savings where worth the extra expense.
Some people spend more than this on drive through coffee in a month !.
If you are a smoker, it’s about the same price a packet of fags !.
Oh …… I don’t smoke OBTW 🤣.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom