Insurance 🤔

Stuwit46

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
When I changed from a Merc E class estate to the MG5 my insurance for the Merc was around £700 per year, after getting into the MG my insurance remained pretty much the same, I then paid a bit more because I had tints fitted and an admin fee for private plates to be added. The insurer was esure. I went with it as the policy only had until May 2nd to run and was looking forward to a cheaper renewal. I had my renewal and it was around £430 for the year, so a saving, probably to do with my 2xSP30’s now over 5 years old 🤔 After shopping around I had a quote from RAC for £280, so I thought I’d go with them, had to call as I wanted to mention the tinted windows, they came back with a revised quote of £530!! After more shopping around I now have cover with Sheilas Wheels for just under £360 so I’ve gone with them.
Quote based on 25k miles, parked on drive at night, 2 ”clean” drivers, living on the south coast and all the extra bits other than breakdown cover Included.
How is everyone else doing with insurance?

Not as good as you, about £530 for 17000 miles per annum including my wife, business and tints. We have had three accidents in the last five years, 1 for my wife, 1 for me and 1 reported but no claim made albeit still penalised for reporting it.....my wife’s claim comes off next year.....still better than my XC90.

Not as good as you, about £530 for 17000 miles per annum including my wife, business and tints. We have had three accidents in the last five years, 1 for my wife, 1 for me and 1 reported but no claim made albeit still penalised for reporting it.....my wife’s claim comes off next year.....still better than my XC90.
Sounds fair I guess...a bit harsh for the honesty tho 🤔

When I changed from a Merc E class estate to the MG5 my insurance for the Merc was around £700 per year, after getting into the MG my insurance remained pretty much the same, I then paid a bit more because I had tints fitted and an admin fee for private plates to be added. The insurer was esure. I went with it as the policy only had until May 2nd to run and was looking forward to a cheaper renewal. I had my renewal and it was around £430 for the year, so a saving, probably to do with my 2xSP30’s now over 5 years old 🤔 After shopping around I had a quote from RAC for £280, so I thought I’d go with them, had to call as I wanted to mention the tinted windows, they came back with a revised quote of £530!! After more shopping around I now have cover with Sheilas Wheels for just under £360 so I’ve gone with them.
Quote based on 25k miles, parked on drive at night, 2 ”clean” drivers, living on the south coast and all the extra bits other than breakdown cover Included.
How is everyone else doing with insurance?
ÂŁ249 which is 6.9% cheaper than the BMWi3 my ZS replaced last September. This is with Churchill who I have been with for a number of years. 12,000 miles, wife, full NCB, legal assistance, no modifications, south coast, private driveway. The BMW had factory fitted privacy glass to the rear windows which were very dark but made no difference to the premium when bought in 2016.

SWMBO is with LV, 4k miles, 2 clean drivers, 68 & 69, ÂŁ187

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom