Insurance - Axa

jrenshaw

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
So just went to get a quote from Axa to swap to the HS. They didn't recognise the plate, and when I spoke to them apparently they don't cover any MGs since 2009. Which is odd.. Anyone else had this?

Not heard of this but their loss is a competitor's gain!

Churchill wouldn’t quote for my HS PHEV online, although they recognised the reg plate on the web form. They did provide a quote when I phoned them up, but it took quite a while for them to be able to find the details to provide a quote

Sainsburys wouldn't quote for my MG HS PHEV. Kept telling me it was a non standard, non UK import. Moved my policy to Admiral in the end.

Sainsburys tried to charge me a cancellation fee and an insurance fee to cancel the policy. I refused to pay and I got a standard letter advising me that they were taking the money. Then I received a letter advising that I had to pay. I wrote back and told them to either write off the balance or take the money, the choice was theirs, but I refuse to interact with them anymore.

I had problems with insurance, not with recognising the car but with price. Some companies have MG as 2 companies I think one of them was MG UK. Best to use online comparisons like moneysupermarket or confused and shop around. The prices varied from £450 to £1000 for me

When I got insurance last June, several companies didn't have the HS PHEV in their group listings and so couldn't quote. My insurance was with the AA and they, like some others above, wanted a cancellation fee. I complained that just because their underwriter was inefficient and hadn't got the HS PHEV listed it wasn't my fault because many other companies could quote OK. After a couple of days, they got back to say their underwriter had added the car and covered it for the year with no extra fee.

It would seem that still some companies haven't got it in their grouping systems, which is a bit weird.

To be sure though, every company I got a quote from classed it as 'MG motors UK' and not just MG.

Actually Axa do cover MG’s after 2009, but they have listing for MG and also MG Motors UK Ltd. BUT the latter only covers ZS / 3 and 5!! Not the HS or the PHEV. Spent 30mins with an underwriter, explained vehicle, sent “certificate of conformity” but it was not on their list. A less than 3 month old policy was then cancelled, with an apology, a new policy with Hastings Direct was taken (again under MG Motors UK Ltd) on our new HS PHEV.

Axa do cover MG EVs

r4YxDwM.png

Interesting the lady I spoke to was quite adamant that none since 2009, however since I have the HS hybrid it seems they don't cover that one

I can get a quote on the HS hybrid as well as all the electric versions. It seems the lady at AXA you spoke to does not know what she is on about since the current MG company did not exist in 2009, nor were there electric versions made then!. Online at the AXA site, there are 4 different manufacturer choices for MG:

MG
MG Motor
MG Motors UK
MGMOTORSUK

If you select the wrong manufacturer, it will not bring up the correct vehicle. For EG, selecting just MG, only brings up legacy MG vehicles such as MGB, Maestro etc. I bet thats what she done. See below for the HS hybrid listing which is under MG motors UK

G5DSzKQ.png

We are about to order the ZS EV Trophy and Im shopping around currently for insurance. Cheapest so far was LV at £344 fully comp inc business use for 2 drivers. AXA was a close second.

So just went to get a quote from Axa to swap to the HS. They didn't recognise the plate, and when I spoke to them apparently they don't cover any MGs since 2009. Which is odd.. Anyone else had this?
When my outlander was written off Axa told me that I could continue my policy on replacement I buy. Oh well on the way to collecting the car from Chorely I called them and after over a hour I was told no they won’t cover the replacement.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom