Insurance Renewal

jollyman

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
Has anyone renewed their insurance recently,I have and it’s gone up by over£200 I’ve made no claims, cars always locked in a locked garage and I just can’t believe ho the insurance companies treat careful drivers.its no wonder people are driving with no insurance

Mine isn't due until April but I checked what it would be if I renewed a couple of weeks ago and it went from about £320 to £380, so near enough a 20% increase (MG5 LR).

It's annoying, but nothing unusual - it always creeps up, especially over the last few years.

Has anyone renewed their insurance recently,I have and it’s gone up by over£200 I’ve made no claims, cars always locked in a locked garage and I just can’t believe ho the insurance companies treat careful drivers.its no wonder people are driving with no insurance
Just got my renewal quote......gone from £330 to £650....... definitely shopping around

I got my '4' in March so had a mid policy change (QuoteMeHappy) from a Diesel Renault Scenic of +£23.
At renewal in November I was sent the usual quote that said last years price £242, renewal price £297.
My cheapest on Compare the market was over £500, obviously I stayed.
I'm 55 with full no claims

Last edited:
Yep, insurance has gone through the roof, there are multiple threads about this, 40-80% increased premiums are common.

For example:

I recently renewed (arranged 3 weeks ahead of the date, as advised by Martin Lewis), and mine had increased from approximately £330 last year to £580. But it does additionally depend on age and location, obviously - I have had no claims or speeding tickets etc. Goodness knows what it will be next year!

I've just had this email from Stop Burning Stuff;

Hello,

This week we will be speaking with one of the major insurance companies about EV insurance and working with them to bust some of the most common myths.

I'd be interested to know whether there are any specific myths you'd like us to discuss with them? Whilst I can't guarantee we'll be able to cover all suggestions, I'm keen to ensure we represent the voice of our Patreons, and that we also don't miss anything important.

The discussion will be turned into a blog article and (hopefully) shareable resource that will be made available to everyone here.

Please do let me know by 5pm on Tuesday 28th November if you have anything you'd like to include - you can add to this thread or message me directly.

Many thanks

Claire

I've just had this email from Stop Burning Stuff;

Hello,

This week we will be speaking with one of the major insurance companies about EV insurance and working with them to bust some of the most common myths.

I'd be interested to know whether there are any specific myths you'd like us to discuss with them? Whilst I can't guarantee we'll be able to cover all suggestions, I'm keen to ensure we represent the voice of our Patreons, and that we also don't miss anything important.

The discussion will be turned into a blog article and (hopefully) shareable resource that will be made available to everyone here.

Please do let me know by 5pm on Tuesday 28th November if you have anything you'd like to include - you can add to this thread or message me directly.

Many thanks

Claire
I did too, long feed on their Patreon

Just got billed for next years insurance fully comp, new for old, including all the extras for Eautos, such as removal and cover for a battery fire. An increase of 13%, very pleased was expecting a larger increase after reading the horror stories in the press.
An extra 92 euro (72 pounds).

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got the billed for next years insurance fully comp, new for old, including all the extras for Eautos, such as removal and cover for a battery fire. An increase of 13%, very pleased was expecting a larger increase after reading the horror stories in the press.
An extra 92 euro (72 pounds).
That was quite expensive to start with (for my circumstances) c£707 up to c£799. Is that a good price in Germany or normal ?

You may find that keeping your car in the garage overnight increases your premium, the driveway apparently produces less claims and therefore cheaper premiums.

Mine went from £220 to £440. No claims, no convictions just being ripped off. This was after doing the full Martin Lewis MSE treatment

I to insurance of a Tucson 2.0 turbine diesel from £390 to best price of £650. However when I included a 90 old driver I got £90 knock off!

I got hit with my EV ZS insurance with no claims of a £140 increase. It would appear we are paying for the over 1 million uninsured driver on the UK roads!

I have MG4 Trophy. Full NCD. age 65. Drive 15k miles pa.. I have had car since June and after haggling my premium is £2,059.91 pa. I’ve never paid more than £900 for my insurance before for other cars including CRz and Merc A200, DS3 Sport. Every comparison website quotes were even higher. All the savings I had planned with EV wiped out. Feel truly shafted.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom