Intelligent Speed Assist

Susanna

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
I experimented with the ‘Intelligent Speed Assist‘ element of MG Pilot for the first time a few days ago, and found it quite useful. However, it appears that it needs to be turned on each time. Is that correct? Or is there a way to get it to stay on (at least in ‘standby’ mode) for every start up?
I know that the use of ACC automatically cancels ISA, but I haven’t used ACC at all. Yet!

I experimented with the ‘Intelligent Speed Assist‘ element of MG Pilot for the first time a few days ago, and found it quite useful. However, it appears that it needs to be turned on each time. Is that correct? Or is there a way to get it to stay on (at least in ‘standby’ mode) for every start up?
I know that the use of ACC automatically cancels ISA, but I haven’t used ACC at all. Yet!
I'm not sure how well this works. I've tried it and it still goes over the 'limit' without any real extra pressure on the accelerator. I thought you have to consciously press down to the floor to override the limit. It's a shame as it would be useful to assist in not going over the limit in environments where ACC is not suitable (I only tend to use that on motorways or similar speed dual carriage ways).

Upvote 0
What confuses me on my regular commute I use the motorway sometimes it's national limit (limits at 60) and other times it says 70 mph but I can't work out what road sign it reads for this?

Upvote 0
I tired it this weekend. And while I like because you can still use kers (unlike ACC), the intelligent speed assist gets confused when it spots some signs.

For example: it will drop your speed from what ever to 40km if it spots a school zone sign. Normally that would be good, but not when it’s the weekend or outside school times. Also the drop is very sudden so it was a bit sketchy when someone was following me a bit too close.

I also had some other issues in the highway. And I saw some comments that it picks up speed signs behind trucks (more of a problem if you are in Europe).

So I am sticking to manual mode.

From my experience you gotta keep setting it up each time. Which is a bit of a pain.

Upvote 0
I tired it this weekend. And while I like because you can still use kers (unlike ACC), the intelligent speed assist gets confused when it spots some signs.

For example: it will drop your speed from what ever to 40km if it spots a school zone sign. Normally that would be good, but not when it’s the weekend or outside school times. Also the drop is very sudden so it was a bit sketchy when someone was following me a bit too close.

I also had some other issues in the highway. And I saw some comments that it picks up speed signs behind trucks (more of a problem if you are in Europe).

So I am sticking to manual mode.

From my experience you gotta keep setting it up each time. Which is a bit of a pain.
To me it's not the changing of the limit when seeing signs on slip roads etc. It just does not seem to limit the speed to whatever is shown as the set limit ( be it from manual set or smart set ).

Upvote 0
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom