Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
MG have stated that any orders that are currently
showing no build date they will not be able to hold the sale price upon
the vehicle or the finance agreement that was put in place when you have
placed the order .

I never received this communication and I am meant to be picking up the car tomorrow and was only made aware of this when I was reviewing the paper work.

Has anyone else experienced this and what course of action did you take if any?

What does it say on your order paperwork in the small print? If it says that the price quoted is guaranteed, then you have your answer. Likewise for the finance agreement.
When was the communication from MG allegedly sent? If only recently, it would not appear to affect you anyway, as your car is here now, and it usually takes around 3 months from build date to delivery, from what I have observed.

Sale price of the ZS not being honoured was mentioned by @Miles Roberts CG in the last podcast... Pretty shitty that MG have not at least sent a blanket notification to waiting customers, if they're not able to call. I myself likely won't hear from mine until New Year.
The MG ZS EV wait/lead time has got to 18 months. And MG are no longer price protecting those cars, so if you have a car on order and it comes - you're going to get charged whatever the prevailing rate is at that time...
From this evening's podcast, courtesy of @Miles Roberts CG :

Listen in full for yourself here, at about 47 minutes in:

Sale price of the ZS not being honoured was mentioned by @Miles Roberts CG in the last podcast... Pretty sh*tty that MG have not at least sent a blanket notification to waiting customers, if they're not able to call. I myself likely won't hear from mine until New Year.
Thanks everyone, alas as I had not signed the finance agreement (as I hadnt received the car), they are under no oblogation to stick to the original finance agreement. I can also confirm that I never received the blanket email which stated their intention!!

That’s a shame. I wonder if MG will do the same for those with MG4 orders already placed? They’ve just added £1000 to the list and increased the PCP APR by 1% to 8.9%.

Thanks everyone, alas as I had not signed the finance agreement (as I hadnt received the car), they are under no oblogation to stick to the original finance agreement. I can also confirm that I never received the blanket email which stated their intention!!
As has, I think, been mentioned before, these agreements have clauses to allow changes like this to be made so, even if you had "signed", they could still do it, or just release you from your side...

Last edited:
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom