Interesting and entertaining!

TassiedEVil

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
This is some months old, but a bit of fun. i Thought you might need some, considering the cricket which I won’t mention again…:ROFLMAO:

It's been excruciatingly woeful following it from this end. :D

fYVE1Skl.jpg

:eek:

Extremely enjoyable from down here - must be the weather :unsure:
I do have a theory - too much time quarantining in Queensland resorts with families in the lead up. Who could focus on Ashes cricket after a lovely fortnight like that?? Just a theory.

Extremely enjoyable from down here - must be the weather :unsure:
I do have a theory - too much time quarantining in Queensland resorts with families in the lead up. Who could focus on Ashes cricket after a lovely fortnight like that?? Just a theory.

That's it! I'm beginning to think they're only down there to top up their suntan. :D

Getting back to the video (because cricket is boring at the moment) it's interesting how well the Polo started - was it down to traction contol?
Lord help us with rugby 😁

Getting back to the video (because cricket is boring at the moment) it's interesting how well the Polo started - was it down to traction contol?
Lord help us with rugby 😁
Yes, it was an interesting start from the Polo and you could be right. There’s another video on there up against a big BMW which shows MG is pretty competitive at start.
I don’t think you’ll have any problems with the rugby.

it's interesting how well the Polo started - was it down to traction control?
Well, the Polo does have a gearbox, so the 175 Nm of torque 🥱 does get multiplied by whatever ratio first gear is; looks like it's nearly 3:1 so after the gearbox there will be ~520 Nm at its peak less losses (starting and ending with less than this). But then it has to go to second and third and fourth gears, ending up at 1:1 so less than 175 Nm near the end. The ZS EV is effectively staying in top gear all the time.

The ZS EV will start with 350 Nm of torque until it reaches some 60 km/h (wild guess), then it reduces to roughly maintain its maximum power of 105 kW.

Well, the Polo does have a gearbox, so the 175 Nm of torque 🥱 does get multiplied by whatever ratio first gear is; looks like it's nearly 3:1 so after the gearbox there will be ~520 Nm at its peak less losses (starting and ending with less than this). But then it has to go to second and third and fourth gears, ending up at 1:1 so less than 175 Nm near the end. The ZS EV is effectively staying in top gear all the time.

The ZS EV will start with 350 Nm of torque until it reaches some 60 km/h (wild guess), then it reduces to roughly maintain its maximum power of 105 kW.
Excellent! Thanks- I could even understand that. Well, most of it.
I will try to use that brilliant explanation when some idiot tries to drag me off at lights:LOL:

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom