Interesting re the queuing at Christmas for charging.

To be fair, this guy's reasoned arguments with respect to charging queues aren't going to get him a job with the Daily Fail... :unsure:

To be fair, I travelled home from Leeds on the 29th and the chargers were a bit chaotic... I ended up at Moto Rugby and both the Tesla and Gridpoint chargers were very busy. Saying that, no-one was behaving badly, cars were moving and the delays while I was there were reasonably minimal. I waited, as 3rd in the queue for about 15 minutes, sadly there were 2 or three cars that had charged and their owners weren't anywhere to be seen... they didn't have the MG5 excuse of not being able to see how their charge was going via app, either. Score one for the colour coding on the Gridserve chargers that show Off, charging and not charging...

The Tesla chargers were churning over quite quickly as well...

It's all back to the operators maybe installing a queueing system and so on to make charging better.

When it goes well, it's ace... when it doesn't....

To be fair, this guy's reasoned arguments with respect to charging queues aren't going to get him a job with the Daily Fail... :unsure:

To be fair, I travelled home from Leeds on the 29th and the chargers were a bit chaotic... I ended up at Moto Rugby and both the Tesla and Gridpoint chargers were very busy. Saying that, no-one was behaving badly, cars were moving and the delays while I was there were reasonably minimal. I waited, as 3rd in the queue for about 15 minutes, sadly there were 2 or three cars that had charged and their owners weren't anywhere to be seen... they didn't have the MG5 excuse of not being able to see how their charge was going via app, either. Score one for the colour coding on the Gridserve chargers that show Off, charging and not charging...

The Tesla chargers were churning over quite quickly as well...

It's all back to the operators maybe installing a queueing system and so on to make charging better.

When it goes well, it's ace... when it doesn't....
I think it was just a busy time of year with train strikes making it worse. Great excuse for the press to jump on it.

Tesla drivers unaware of other non-Tesla branded chargers nearby. :D

Tesla drivers unaware of other non-Tesla branded chargers nearby. :D

There was one Tesla on the Chargepoints, but he had sat waiting for it when there were spares at the Tesla end...
...maybe he's a breakaway faction, as I believe the prices aren't much different.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom