Interesting scratches inside the rear spoiler

KernowTrophy

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
Just noticed these on the rear spoiler of my Trophy. Although they look like scratches, they are internal, with just a smooth surface on the outside, so potentially internal cracks on the acrylic? Anyone else had similar? UK based, no recent exceptional cold weather experienced, and unfortunately no extreame warmth either :ROFLMAO:

20240420_095242.jpg

Just noticed these on the rear spoiler of my Trophy. Although they look like scratches, they are internal, with just a smooth surface on the outside, so potentially internal cracks on the acrylic? Anyone else had similar? UK based, no recent exceptional cold weather experienced, and unfortunately no extreame warmth either :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 26083
Possible 3rd party tap?

Car park etc

I wondered if it was condensation too. Try heating the area gently with a hair dryer to see if they go away.

There seems to be some dark scratches above and to the right of the white marks and a lot of hairline horizontal scratches too. Have you taken it through a car wash?

I wondered if it was condensation too. Try heating the area gently with a hair dryer to see if they go away.

There seems to be some dark scratches above and to the right of the white marks and a lot of hairline horizontal scratches too. Have you taken it through a car wash?
Gets washed by hand when needed, more regularly in the nice weather 😀 car sponge and shammy - old school 😀

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 512 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 87 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back