Intermittent Wipers

Jon

Standard Member
Reaction score
Anybody else struggling to understand how to get the wiper intermittent setting to work.... MG5 seems to just do it's own thing and the wipers quickly revert to continuous irrespective of the setting I have it on.

Yes its a bit random, and slightly irritating. The Auto wipe is a bit tardy, and set intermittent regular wipes are irregular. Crazy...........

Last edited:
I've yet to work out how the auto wipe works... especially as I can't get the intermittent to work :rolleyes:

On the Excite model its speed sensitive intermittent wipers but on the Exclusive they use a rain sensor instead.

Push wiper stalk up to first setting, then turn the twiddly ring to alter sensitivity.

I have to agree it's not always consistent.

1613383559923.png

Thanks, however the rotary (twiddly) bit on my Exclusive makes no difference. The intermittent mode starts of with a ~ 1 sec delay then just seems to go into standard (slow) wipe mode.

All the cars I've had with them have been the same, I just call them random wipers now 😟

Anyone know if there is a auto setting for the 2022 zst vibe? It states in the manual and the spec sheets that there is a rain sensor for the car but there is no auto setting on the stalk... the wipers do not come on when rain starts, also the intermittent mode works with or without water on the windscreen. I'm starting to think i have been had.

Attachments

• wipers.jpg
    wipers.jpg
    227.9 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:
On my MG5 intermittent is auto (and it's crap) but ask in the ZS forum for a better answer.

On my MG5 intermittent is auto (and it's crap) but ask in the ZS forum for a better answer.
Ok I have posted there, thanks. I'm pretty sure the rain sensor on the zs is just a speed monitor and not an actual rain detection and activation device as my intermittent mode works on a dry screen and I have to turn it to off position for it to stop.

Sounds like it then, tbh you're not missing much anyway, the auto setting is sketchy at best.

Works well on the Excite model. Had rain sensors on my last car (astra) and I was always having to mess with settings. One thing I am glad to have lost.

Since I put a coating on the glass to make it slippy, resulting in most of the water beading off, the auto wipers have worked much better.

I find the intermittent wiper setting ok, just tweak the speed as needed. But the slow and fast settings seem almost the same speed

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom