IONITY Plug & Charge

tony powell

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
I read today that IONITY now support “Plug &Charge”, the question is does the MG ZS EV support it? It worked with my old E-Niro on EasyCharger (now Zunder).

I will look next time. The best example of that I have seen so far is at an E Lercerc at Niort Bessines (Niort) the entire huge car park is covered in solar and there loads of very fast cheap chargers .

Okay, I am currently in Spain and charged my car at a Zunder (previously EasyCharge) Zunder and it registered me via their app as a Plug&Charge vehicle. So the MG ZS EV does support the protocol. Will try with IONITY after Xmas.
I just have used IONITY in France twice in my trip to Bruges two days ago it was fast max 88KW charge speed

And did it support plug and charge?
Yes , it did. (you need to install IONITY app) but at least it worked. Some of the chargers are workign through Shell app. I just got an update on ELECTRA app - it is now working in english and does allow registration for UK phone number.
Screenshot 2022-12-23 at 13.06.20.png

In Germany Ionity prices are 79 cents/Kwh, 6.9 % higher than in France, so its a no no for me and compared to what I pay now on 300KW fast chargers 37% higher even on the new tariff for 2023.

In Germany Ionity prices are 79 cents/Kwh, 6.9 % higher than in France, so its a no no for me and compared to what I pay now on 300KW fast chargers 37% higher even on the new tariff for 2023.
Yeah, don’t get me wrong, I do avoid any public chargers in the UK as they are extortionate - £0.79 for 50Kw chargers. It is a rarity to see more powerful chargers than 50Kw. But when you are travelling you only care that the charger is there and working.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom