franoreilly

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Have just got a new MG5 Exclusive here in Ireland (2023/Facelift) ; and looking to switch my insurance over from the tradein to the MG5.

However, Allianz are saying they don't have this car on their system yet. Anyone running into similar issues trying to get cover in Ireland on the MG5 facelift?

Welcome to the MG Users forums.

I can't directly answer your question, sorry, (I'm not in Ireland) but are you sure you have a Facelift MG5?? I ask, because of your mention of the Exclusive variant which was, I think, limited to the pre-facelift version. I believe the facelift was released only as SE (Standard Range and Long Range) and Trophy variants.

That's the description in the Irish market at least - Exclusive trim level. Definitely a facelift model.

I'm an Irish taxi driver with a 2021 MG5 LR. I had a similar problem back in late 2021 getting insurance - the MG5 wasn't on quite a few systems even though the MG5 SR had been out for a couple of years at that stage. Axa and FBD do taxi insurance for MG5's so maybe try them for private insurance?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom