Is it possible to install 180 degree camera from Marvel R Luxury on the Comfort model?

linmari

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
Marvel R
I have recently bought a Marvel R comfort but it doesn't have a rear facing camera, only motion sensors. The only feature that we were interested in when we tried the luxury mode was the 180 degree camera that allows us to see all around the car when we park or put it in gear, but we didn't think that it was worth paying the luxury price only for that. We want to know the possibility of buying the 180 degree camera (or even only rear facing camera) separately to have installed on our Marvel r comfort.

Hello.
New to this forum. I have the same situation. When I tested the Marvel R before ordering it was the luxury version and not even the vendors knew if the comfort had backup camera as it did not sarted production yet of the comfort level. I took a leap of faith and still ordered the Comfort level expecting to have reverse camera. Well it did not and it´s the only thing me and my wife feel it´s needed/missing in this car. It wasn´t suposed to have navigation and voice control and it has that. But no camera. I suspect the camera wire is there just missing the camera and a software tweek. I´m looking into it with a passion. and post any news here.

Just discovered a secret service menu where you might get the option to activate camera as I believe the cable loom for it is there for shure. I just don´t have the password for it.
Pressing on...

Hello.
New to this forum. I have the same situation. When I tested the Marvel R before ordering it was the luxury version and not even the vendors knew if the comfort had backup camera as it did not sarted production yet of the comfort level. I took a leap of faith and still ordered the Comfort level expecting to have reverse camera. Well it did not and it´s the only thing me and my wife feel it´s needed/missing in this car. It wasn´t suposed to have navigation and voice control and it has that. But no camera. I suspect the camera wire is there just missing the camera and a software tweek. I´m looking into it with a passion. and post any news here.

Just discovered a secret service menu where you might get the option to activate camera as I believe the cable loom for it is there for shure. I just don´t have the password for it.
Pressing on..
for the hidden menu, try 200519.

Thanks. That worked and I got in. But so far I can´t do much in there. The things I understand and can change are of no use in this matter. There is a bunch of other stuff I don´t know what they are for and they are in the form of digital addresses. I have to try and find out more about it.

Hello. I also experience the same with a test of a luxury version without having been warnd by the sales person that this option will be missing on the confort version. I don’t know what the 200519 hidden menu offers but I doubt that without the appropriate camera it will answer my need. Does anyone succeed in installing a backward camera ?
Thanks in advance.

I have recently bought a Marvel R comfort but it doesn't have a rear facing camera, only motion sensors. The only feature that we were interested in when we tried the luxury mode was the 180 degree camera that allows us to see all around the car when we park or put it in gear, but we didn't think that it was worth paying the luxury price only for that. We want to know the possibility of buying the 180 degree camera (or even only rear facing camera) separately to have installed on our Marvel r comfort.
U ment that 360⁰ camera ?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom