Is it still possible to purchase a UK ZS EV Trophy with a sunroof?

mrg9999

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV

If not, is it possible to import from a region that has RHD vehicles like Australia, New Zealand, Japan etc

Is an after market sunroof an option? if so can anyone recommend someone that can supply and fit a panoramic one?
Since 1984 all my cars but one have had a sunroof, and the one time I didn't I had to get another car a few months later.

I tried a dealer in Guildford and he said I could order a car and it might not come with a sunroof.
I visited a dealer In Twyford and today my MG ZS Trophy Connect Long Range arrived at my house and it has sun roof. It had delivery miles only. Brand new. Good deal etc, excellent PX.

side.jpg

I tried a dealer in Guildford and he said I could order a car and it might not come with a sunroof.
I visited a dealer In Twyford and today my MG ZS Trophy Connect Long Range arrived at my house and it has sun roof. It had delivery miles only. Brand new. Good deal etc, excellent PX.

View attachment 18475
Great result well done 👍😀.
We had the same grabbing a cancelled order ZS TLR in Red. Extremely pleased.

If not, is it possible to import from a region that has RHD vehicles like Australia, New Zealand, Japan etc

Is an after market sunroof an option? if so can anyone recommend someone that can supply and fit a panoramic one?
Since 1984 all my cars but one have had a sunroof, and the one time I didn't I had to get another car a few months later.
Yes - But you will need to shop around.
New orders for Trophy top spec cars, ordered after June / July 2023 are likely NOT to arrive with the sky roof option.
However, some cancelled orders / X demo / second hand cars can be sourced.
As time marches on, this will become harder and harder to find.
Importing a car with sky roof could be a very expensive option TBH.
I don't really think attempting to install a full length sky / panoramic electric roof is something to be ventured into either.
Maybe a single smaller sun roof, but not a great idea either.
Trying to source a sky roof model ASAP is your best option.
I had a strong feeling that when MG made the decision to drop the sky roof, it would see an increased in demand for this feature.
It could result in seeing the value of this models commanding a higher price at the time of sale.

View attachment 18475
And the tinted glass in the rear also.

Is anyone liking the sunroof? It's turning out to be a bit of a meh feature for me. I've had it open once so far in 6months and I have the blind shut in this weather to keep the temp down

I think there's a slight benefit to more light from about in winter, but it's pretty marginal.

For grandchildren it brightens up the back seats rather well. I have to say in scortching weather its a good idea to have it closed. However, it was great on my long trip to Harrogate and back 2 months ago. I vary rarely open the actual sunroof though. After all its not California near me that often.

I was never fussed before about ever having one [ I actually picked the Trophy over the SE as I wanted roof bars for a roof box for holidays] but I have used it for

1. On cold but sunny days you will still get some radiant heat from the sun coming through to give a bit of greenhouse effect so it reduces the amount the heater needs to be on. I just have the fabric bit open obviously.

2. On warm days when travelling at lower speed 30 and below on local roads, vountry roads, coastal road etc I can have the glass and fabric open ( with front windows) to reduce using the air con. Not in heavy congestion though with lots of exhaust fumes.

So I am quite happy to have it but it wouldn't be a problem if I didn't.

I have been lucky enough to have a sun roof in most of my cars, even the wife’s Fiat 500 has a fixed one, with a pull over blind.
But when we had our VW Golf PHEV in 2015 it did not include one.
The head lining was black in colour and at first it made the interior of the car feel dark and a bit claustrophobic.
We got use to it of course, but it did take a few months.
It’s one of them really, you don’t miss it until it’s gone !.
The ZS EV on the other hand, has a light head lining and combined with the full glass roof, brings a bigger sense of light and space into the cabin.
The tilt function is my favoured setting.
It allows a flow of fresh air to circulate around
the cabin space.
When parking up in hot weather, I tend to tilt the roof and then close the blind.
Allowing heat build up to escape a little.
My grand children love the glass section over the rear seats, they like to watch the stars if we are travelling in the evening time.
Given the option to have one, then I always will !.

Is anyone liking the sunroof? It's turning out to be a bit of a meh feature for me.
Really do appreciate it now when it's warmer.

Usually I do open it fully when setting off from home. Together with front windows. Keep them open when travelling locally with 20 - 40mph speed limits. Air con off.

On 40 - 60mph roads fully or half open sky roof, closed windows, air con off or on minimum.

Closed or tilted on motorway.

Fully opened blind when driving at night.

One of those things I didn't know I needed, but now would not want to go without.

View attachment 18475
I got my ZS EV LR end May and it has the sunroof. I contacted MG HQ about this to check it would have the sunroof and they said the Trophy spec still includes a sunroof. They said there was some confusion on the forums about this but the MG HS was the model where the sunroof had been withdrawn.
Yes - But you will need to shop around.
New orders for Trophy top spec cars, ordered after June / July 2023 are likely NOT to arrive with the sky roof option.
However, some cancelled orders / X demo / second hand cars can be sourced.
As time marches on, this will become harder and harder to find.
Importing a car with sky roof could be a very expensive option TBH.
I don't really think attempting to install a full length sky / panoramic electric roof is something to be ventured into either.
Maybe a single smaller sun roof, but not a great idea either.
Trying to source a sky roof model ASAP is your best option.
I had a strong feeling that when MG made the decision to drop the sky roof, it would see an increased in demand for this feature.
It could result in seeing the value of this models commanding a higher price at the time of sale.
I was informed by MG UK that the Trophy spec still included a sunroof. They said it had been stopped on the MG GS which had caused some confusion. This was from Sean Dunham of JustEVs:-
The car does have the panoramic roof, the amount of content shared online with forums etc regarding the roof got a little cross pollination. It was the GS model that lost the roof not the ZS.

Interesting comments.

My kids asked for it open once but we shut it with the noise and breeze and I don't think we've opened it again.

I'd have rather saved the money and got the cloth seats.

I don't think I'm a soft top person 😄

I got my ZS EV LR end May and it has the sunroof. I contacted MG HQ about this to check it would have the sunroof and they said the Trophy spec still includes a sunroof. They said there was some confusion on the forums about this but the MG HS was the model where the sunroof had been withdrawn.

I was informed by MG UK that the Trophy spec still included a sunroof. They said it had been stopped on the MG GS which had caused some confusion. This was from Sean Dunham of JustEVs:-
I have looked at the MG UK site and there is no mention of the Sky roof on the Trophy model so I guess it has been discontinued.

I have looked at the MG UK site and there is no mention of the Sky roof on the Trophy model so I guess it has been discontinued.
It was a while ago, new factory orders from around the middle of last year were affected by the change.

Well I am not doubting what you have posted, but Miles confirmed the announcement that MG had made the decision to remove the sky roof on the higher spec ZS EV Trophy models, on one of the pod casts he holds.
He did agree with other people who made a comment, that he thought that MG had made a mistake taking this decision 🤷‍♂️.
In a later following pod cast, he said it was becoming a 50/50 chance if you received a Sky roof or not.
This was due to a number of factors.
Many cars already built but unable to be shipped due to micro chip shortages for the info unit.
This cause many people to cancel there orders for the ZS EV or some folks switched over to the MG4.
Then cars suddenly stared to arrive and were offered to other customers.
I am fairly sure Miles said he HAD seen a Trophy model arrive without the Sky roof option.
I have just been onto the MG web site and I can not see any mention of the Sky roof in the spec’s list for the ZS EV Gen2 facelift model.
So, either MG need to update the on line paper work or correct the information they are giving out.
MG themselves put out a statement to dealers in June / July to say that any NEW scratch factory orders for the ZS EV Trophy models would not have the Sky roof but they intended to offer the connect features as a free alternative - great 👍.

IMG_0219.jpeg

IMG_0220.jpeg

IMG_0221.jpeg

IMG_0222.jpeg

View attachment 18475
There are some yat dealers now that have sunroofs on Trophy connects

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom