Is MG prepping to say goodbye to the UK?

ARealHuman

Reaction score
UK
Driving
MG ZS EV
Might be worth adding details of your experience in the dealership section.

ArfurM

Standard Member
Reaction score
Powys
Driving
MG5 EV
I can see what you mean. I work for myself and find it near impossible to farm work out to others for fear of it not meeting my standards too.

To get back on topic slightly, I visited an MG dealer for my first sit inside an MG5 last weekend (I'm not an owner yet). The sales chap was a damp squib. Didn't ask any of the right questions and wasn't in the slightest bit interested in matching my needs. I didn't even manage to set foot inside the dealership before he's trying to work out a part exchange. It frustrated me so much I gave up and left within 5 minutes. Other staff were grouped chatting away inside and it just felt more like Carphone Warehouse than a dealership. Or maybe it felt exactly like a dealership and this is what we've been conditioned to expect.

So that's my first experience of an MG dealership.
That's a real shame. I've just purchased from Budgens MG in Shrewsbury; the sales guy was enthusiastic and engaged and answered all our questions. Altogether a pleasant experience. I do know the garage already, as they are a multi-franchise and they've maintained my Citroen for the last five years, and always been courteous and efficient. Over the years a lot of my car ownership and view of different brands has been informed by the dealer relationship, principally

Arf

Neil Fellows

Standard Member
Reaction score
Barnsley
Driving
MG5 EV
That's a real shame. I've just purchased from Budgens MG in Shrewsbury; the sales guy was enthusiastic and engaged and answered all our questions. Altogether a pleasant experience. I do know the garage already, as they are a multi-franchise and they've maintained my Citroen for the last five years, and always been courteous and efficient. Over the years a lot of my car ownership and view of different brands has been informed by the dealer relationship, principally

Arf
I tried another dealership yesterday - thankfully an all together more positive experience! Sales guy handed me the keys and left me to it, didn't bother us at all. Afterwards he answered all our questions and new everything about the car. Returning this Friday for a 3hr test drive.

Will require some negotiation when the time comes though, under Affinity scheme for the Exclusive he wanted £23,600 which is some way off other deals I've seen.

Interestingly he said there's a worldwide price increase for MG 1st July too.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG EV hot topics covered in our weekly podcast
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Top Bottom