Is this a daft idea?

Mgkev

Established Member
Reaction score
In a recent Byron Nyland video he mentions he fitted insulation to the glass roof of his model3 during winter months. What are your views on laying heavy duty bubble wrap on top of the roof blind to act as insulation and save on heater energy?

I was thinking of using my windscreen sun blind which is not the full size needed but I can feed it in with the blind partially open and it would then lay on top of the blind

In a recent Byron Nyland video he mentions he fitted insulation to the glass roof of his model3 during winter months. What are your views on laying heavy duty bubble wrap on top of the roof blind to act as insulation and save on heater energy?
This is what you need to do a good job, if you cover all the windows make sure you pop a few bubbles so that you can see where your going!

Window Insulation Wonder Bubble Wrap Korean Style DIY Easy Installation & Removal for Seasonal Use, 39.4"X100ft Enough for Entire House Winows: Amazon.co.uk: Kitchen & Home

Really what is the point of that, does Bjorn think the roof would have insulation if it wasn’t glass, the answer to that is no, apart from sound deadening pads and the roof liner there is no insulation on the inside of the roof of a car..

If you worry on saving energy from battery to heating the car, don't buy an electric vehicle.
Or buy a Tesla with large battery, the problem done.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom