iSMART App Issue (Email Login)

siteguru

Distinguished Member
Solutions
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
When I set up my account (using my Gmail address) I used +mg in the email address. I've just opened the app and it asked me to login ... when using the registered email address it now says Invalid email address. 🙄

It looks like MG have updated their systems to disallow use of the + character. Anyone else found this?

Edit: the app let me login using my registered mobile number.

When I set up my account (using my Gmail address) I used +mg in the email address. I've just opened the app and it asked me to login ... when using the registered email address it now says Invalid email address. 🙄

It looks like MG have updated their systems to disallow use of the + character. Anyone else found this?

Edit: the app let me login using my registered mobile number.
Not use + there, I only use it where it could be spammed, I think it’s safe on the iSmart app. You may have also found that spammers have software to remove the +?? from email addresses, so there is likely point in using it.

Apparently MG introduced a bug starting with version 1.1.11 of the MG iSMART app.
Since that version it looks like they are considering email-addresses only to be valid, when they contain no "special characters". In my case that special character is an "-" which is perfectly ok in domain- and local-part of email-addresses.
Latest version 1.1.12 does not fix the problem. I had to downgrade 1.1.10 via apk install to get remote-access to my car again.
WTF!!!

Hi please may I ask how/ where you found that old version from to download I also have a - in my email domain and now can't login.
Good to see the level of testing MG are doing....

Thank you so so much, that's worked a treat! On holiday at the minute so loads of public charging, having the app working is such a help.

I bought my MG4 EV Trophy Long Range car a few days ago. It drives like a dream but what is a nightmare is the iSmart app! I'm using an iPhone and it was very difficult to pair the car with the phone. When I managed it, the iSmart app worked for a few minutes then just refused to connect. It does suddenly come alive for a short while then there's no connection. Quite frustrating when monitoring the charge and other functions remotely. From the treads, it seems to be a common problem. The showroom is looking into the issue but haven't got back. Any solutions gratefully received.

Just to update - v1.1.13 is available in the Google Play Store. I've updated mine and it asked me to login ... I tried the email login (with the +mg part) and it logged in just fine. :)

@siteguru thanks for this info. I'm an iPhone user and just checked if there was an update on the App Store but there isn't. The problem of lost connection continues erratically!

It would be useful if the app could store details of previous journeys for information.

Yep, got it from there. As I wrote 1.1.10 worked for me.
And dont forget that 1-star-rating in the Android-App-Store, so that MG at least has a chance to pick that up. Still baffled how such a blunt and obvious thing can slip through any QA-Process that is not overseen by cute litte monkeys...
I thought the latest versions would appear on the AppStore. However only version 1.1.3. Is on there. Why?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom