iSMART App issues with receiving verification code

megamac

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
I received my new ZS Trophy Connect earlier today and was looking forward to setting up the app.

I managed to pair the car using my email address, but it has been impossible to add my mobile number to the profile.

When I enter my mobile number and click the send button, I get a message at the bottom of the screen saying the code was sent successfully, but nothing arrives.

If I enter my wife's mobile number, the text does arrive for her. It is sent from a Swedish number +46 7190002980348

We are both on the same network. I have asked friends to send me sms messages (as opposed to iMessage) and they arrive successfully on my phone. I actually got a few alerts earlier today as sms messages from NHS, Amazon, Three (my phone network). It is just iSMART that is failing to send them.

So the question is, is there a benefit of having the mobile number registered in "My Information" since the app has already bonded with the car?

(I can see the car location, the battery charge, etc)

Thanks

Since the car is already bound to the app with your email, its not compulsory to update your mobile number. However whenever there are alerts like someone trying to forcefully open your car etc, you will not recv a SMS but only an email. Check my post on this here - Security Alarm Notification
if you are in a region with low internet, you may get a delayed email but SMS can be instant. It took a while for me to get the mobile number updated too. Its a bit of a hit and a miss. If the message comes it comes. If it doesnt it doesnt. I suggest atleast add your wife's mobile on the account if you are not getting the SMS.Nothing to do with your network etc. Its a crappy MG connectivity issue.

The car can only link with one phone number at a time. I got the verification code using email. The linking process is very hit and miss using SMS. I kept trying over a protracted period and it does work occassionally. I believe I saw one tip that recommended doing it whilst in the car and I think that worked. MG is using a Swedish host for the service.

Is it worth having the phone number in there and linked in? Yes. On our first drive in the car we received a text whilst the phone was connected using Android Car Play. The car told us we had the text, who it was from and read it out. I think I am right in saying I was able to dictate my answer through the car voice command. The car also synched with my address book etc.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom