iSMART APP not Binding

Alan Glasgow

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Anyone having the same issue as me not able to binding the app to the car despite the car, once QR Code is scanned, logged on but app keeps asking to bind????

Any suggestions how to fix this as I’m getting nowhere with anyone.

Thanks!!

Anyone having the same issue as me not able to binding the app to the car despite the car, once QR Code is scanned, logged on but app keeps asking to bind????

Thanks!!
Had similar issue, was sorted with a software update,
Note I have the Trophy version, software versions are different for each type of car SE, LR and Trophy, but DO fully read up on the MGEV Software thread as there is quite a history of pros and cons to getting SW updates, also recommend don't go to your dealer and ask for update - as they may charge for this, u just go to them with your issue, and let them suggest an update may fix it, then no charge applies!
Just FYI, I had SW ver R33, upgraded to R46, but if u don't have Trophy model your ver and remedy will likely be different

Note I have the Trophy version, software versions are different for each type of car SE, LR and Trophy, but DO fully read up on the MGEV Software thread as there is quite a history of pros and cons to getting SW updates, also recommend don't go to your dealer and ask for update - as they may charge for this, u just go to them with your issue, and let them suggest an update may fix it, then no charge applies!
Just FYI, I had SW ver R33, upgraded to R46, but if u don't have Trophy model your ver and remedy will likely be different
Thanks.
Mine is an MG ZS EV TROPHY CONNECT LONG RANGE.
I went to the dealer today, they don’t understand the problem. Said it’s normally easy, just scan the QR Code and it should work but it’s obviously not.
I contacted MG Customer Service UK, they told me to email so awaiting reply…

Thanks.
Mine is an MG ZS EV TROPHY CONNECT LONG RANGE.
I went to the dealer today, they don’t understand the problem. Said it’s normally easy, just scan the QR Code and it should work but it’s obviously not.
I contacted MG Customer Service UK, they told me to email so awaiting reply…
Ok, good luck with it,
Just another point in my situation, as well as app not connecting to car it also affected other connectivity, such as sat nav and weather would only update live info when connected to WiFi/hotspot, also my Bluetooth needed to re-pair every time I returned to car.
Immediately after SW update all these issue resolved

Thanks!!
Sorry Alan, just a clarification, I'd only read your thread title when I replied earlier- hadn't noticed category was in ZSEV's, my Trophy is actually an MG4.
So take my response cautiously, my problem/solution quite possibly different to yours, albeit symptoms are similar and they're both Trophy spec, whether there is Software crossover I have no idea
Out of curiousity do you know if ZS and 4 have similar infotainment systems and options?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom