iSmart Companion App - Incorrect Vehicle Status

Andrew Sinclair

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Hello,

I have been recently been exploring the iSmart companion app. and noticed the status of the window is ‘Open’ when it is clearly closed and locked. I have attached an image that shows this.

Has anyone experienced the same or similar incorrect status reporting?

Thank you

Attachments

• 41A72815-B43A-4AA3-803B-CAD2E31C1841.png
    41A72815-B43A-4AA3-803B-CAD2E31C1841.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 195
In my ismart app when I try to reduce the battery charging level to lower value, it stays on new value for about 8 seconds then resets to 100 percent and says fail on the bottom of the app.as anyone else experienced this or am i missing something.

In my ismart app when I try to reduce the battery charging level to lower value, it stays on new value for about 8 seconds then resets to 100 percent and says fail on the bottom of the app.as anyone else experienced this or am i missing something.
Sorry can you just confirm it's a longer range?

I, very occasionally, get something similar. This morning, it showed that my sunroof was open. I
re-scanned and it then reported closed. Just a glitch I guess.
Thanks, I went around and opened all the windows then synchronized in the iSmart app then closed them and did the same. That resolved the problem.

I think it has nothing to do with blind as my blind is left permanently open and sometimes it says sunroof is closed and other times it says it is open when it obviously isn't.

Mine has said it was open a couple of times and always it was the blind. Another example of dodgy software 😠

Thanks, I went around and opened all the windows then synchronized in the iSmart app then closed them and did the same. That resolved the problem.
When scanning my car in the App, it always reports that the drivers window is open, but it’s not !.
Can you explain how you corrected this in the App please, in more detail - Thanks !.

Pull to refresh, then try again. If you try to change it when it’s not synced it won’t work.

When scanning my car in the App, it always reports that the drivers window is open, but it’s not !.
Can you explain how you corrected this in the App please, in more detail - Thanks !.
I opened all the windows and then refreshed to scan. This resulted in the app reporting all windows ‘open’. I then closed all the windows and refreshed the scan and all windows were reported ‘closed’

I opened all the windows and then refreshed to scan. This resulted in the app reporting all windows ‘open’. I then closed all the windows and refreshed the scan and all windows were reported ‘closed’
I have tried it about 4 times today and it insists that the drivers window is open !.
Okay, so I have followed your advice.
Bottled up the car, sitting in the drivers seat, run the App, drivers window reporting open.
Open ALL of the windows and refreshed the App.
Only shows the drivers window open ?.
No mention of the other windows ( which are all open ).
Closed the drivers window ONLY to see if it would report the other windows open - NO !.
The App is not recognising any of the other window positions at all ????.
It’s almost as if memorised the last time the drivers window was open and can’t clear that memory some how ?.
I was not aware that the App can detect the position of the other windows ?.
Has anybody else spotted this ?.
Edit :- I have just disconnected the 12 volt battery for about five minutes, reconnected and its still the same.
It does not report in the App when the other windows are down.
The other items reported in the App appear to be correct, just not the window status ?.
Type pressure values have now been lost, which is okay, it just needs a relearn process when the car is next driven.
So, at least the App is seeing recent data because the tyre pressures where displayed until I did the 12 volt disconnect.

Last edited:
The ismart app gets its information from the servers. The car updates the servers as to its condition re open windows and then the app reads the information from the server. Hence if the server is not updating correctly you will not get the correct information on the app. Disconnecting the auxiliary battery will not reset the servers! I think the servers are responsible for a lot of the issues people are experiencing.

The ismart app gets its information from the servers. The car updates the servers as to its condition re open windows and then the app reads the information from the server. Hence if the server is not updating correctly you will not get the correct information on the app. Disconnecting the auxiliary battery will not reset the servers! I think the servers are responsible for a lot of the issues people are experiencing.
Thanks for that, but I do find it strange that the server must be updating correctly for the car, because before disconnecting the 12 volt battery, the TPMS was sending live tyre pressure data from the car, to the server, then back to the App correctly !.
When I disconnected the 12 volt and reconnected it a few minutes later, the App picked up that car was not sending any tyre pressure readings via the server.
The App now reports "No Known Values" for the tyre pressures.
It now needs to relearn them on a drive cycle.
I find it odd that it reports every other reading accurately, except from the widow status, this does not make sense to me at all.
It has been this way for about 5 days now.

This probably doesn't apply to the ZS but on the Prius, if the 12v was disconnected for any length of time or the windows went out of sync for any reason you had to initialise each of the windows physically as in press down and hold for 3 seconds after it reaches the bottom, then repeat for up again holding for 3 seconds.
I think it's worth a shot.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom