iSMART initial delay?

39Jones

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Hi all,

Just picked up a SR SE and managed to bind the car fine but haven't been able to do anything with the app for the last 4 hours, is there something that needs to happen server-side before it works, or should it be working straight away?

Thanks!

Should work out of the box.

I often have to "force close" the app, and reopen to get it working, if i have had it opened and it did not close, the last time i used it.

If this does not work, and it says it can not find the GPS location, but seems to try to connect before saying that, i would suggest disconnecting the 12V battery for 10 minutes to reset all of the modules in the car.

The app is massively better than the version pre may 5, but it is still sometimes a pain in the behind, and needs restarting the "hard way" with the force close

Some owners have seen the App unable to respond for either a couple of hours, some body had it crash for a couple of days !.
Then it suddenly started working again all on its own.
I have lost the use of my App once over night, so far.
I would leave it until tomorrow, if I was you !.
Quick search on the forum, will disclose the issues that people have found.

Mine was unresponsive this morning !.
Charged last night on a delayed schedule ( cheaper off peak rate ) and wanted to check if all was okay, before setting off towards lunch time.
Had to boot the car and check the SOC.
Yep - All was fine 80% and 212 miles of range 👍.
Rechecked the App - Still down.
Turned off my IPhone 12 and rebooted the phone, App now working correctly !.
The phone performed an automatic update yesterday, it must have had some type of a brain fart 💨.
All working fine again now !.

Tried disconnecting the 12v battery for half an hour this morning, still nothing, Frustratingly my Launch hasn’t got the 2022 model listed yet as I was going to have a nose around and see if there was anything on that, I’ll call the dealer next week I guess!

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom