iSmart not working for Android users (apparently)

Well.....it worked for me for 24 hours. Then I had an email from MG to say they had closed my account and opened another so all should be good to sign in. Except it isn't, now the app is asking me to activate the digital key but it won't accept my security code. 'The remote control failed try again later'. Back to square one.
MG did a reset on my account which then allowed me to enter my four digit key, all ok for the moment!

Since I received my car on Monday I've not been able to get the iSmart app to work. The dealer is saying there is a nationwide issue where it isn't working for Android users and might not be fixed for a couple of weeks.

Can I just confirm that other Android users are having issues?

To clarify, the app works but won't show any car details once bound to the car.
I picked up my new Xpower today but could not get the app to bind to my Samsung S10+ at the showroom. Drove home and did the following. Deleted my account. Re-registered using my phone number minus the first 0, cleared the cache tried re-binding by scanning the app and glad to say its all working now. Fingers crossed it stays that way. Need to investigate the sensitive tyre monitoring now. LOL.

Samsung phone. Binds to car ok. App does nothing. Keeps asking to bind again.
Has my details showing on car. Any ideas.

Tried clear cache. And reinstall app

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom