iSmart Trophy Vs Connect

Shanecb

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
Hi all. I ordered a ZS SR Trophy today as I really wasn't needing the Amazon music etc due to using Android Auto generally.

I'm starting to wonder if I made the right choice as looking at the ismart app, I'm wondering if I still get all the features without the connect option.

Can anyone answer the following for me?

Do I still get all of the ismart features being a trophy?
Can I still remotely lock/unlock, turn on heater etc?
Does voice control for the likes of the sunroof work?
Anything else I'm missing?

Apologies, I've done a lot of reading, but received conflicting views and even MG said the only difference was live weather, traffic and Amazon music.

Hi all. I ordered a ZS SR Trophy today as I really wasn't needing the Amazon music etc due to using Android Auto generally.

I'm starting to wonder if I made the right choice as looking at the ismart app, I'm wondering if I still get all the features without the connect option.

Can anyone answer the following for me?

Do I still get all of the ismart features being a trophy?
Can I still remotely lock/unlock, turn on heater etc?
Does voice control for the likes of the sunroof work?
Anything else I'm missing?

Apologies, I've done a lot of reading, but received conflicting views and even MG said the only difference was live weather, traffic and Amazon music.
the app still works for the trophy the same, you only get voice commands on the connect

You won’t get the voice control or live traffic updates on the SatNav. You also won’t know the state of chargers in the SatNav.

Thank you. I'm not too fussed about the live traffic as using Google maps anyway. I will probably get a wireless android auto dongle when they're a little more mainstream.

Voice control lacking is a bit of a shame, but probably not worth it to me.

So all app functions are the same including locating the car and remote functions? If so, not too bad a drop in functionality then.

I thought I'd better resolve this while early on the waiting list in case I wanted to reorder!

Edit...i'm assuming voice control is mainly open sunroof and climate

Thank you. I'm not too fussed about the live traffic as using Google maps anyway. I will probably get a wireless android auto dongle when they're a little more mainstream.

Voice control lacking is a bit of a shame, but probably not worth it to me.

So all app functions are the same including locating the car and remote functions? If so, not too bad a drop in functionality then.

I thought I'd better resolve this while early on the waiting list in case I wanted to reorder!

Edit...i'm assuming voice control is mainly open sunroof and climate

There are a few others, like “drive to home” or “drive to office”.

I like “I’m cold” or “I’m hot”, these will raise or lower the cabin temperature.

Last edited:
There are lots of threads that discuss the differences and the pros and cons. Worth searching them and checking those. In a nutshell the extra bits Connect offers:
1. Live traffic and weather updates
2. Voice commands - @Dave pointed out the list. A separate thread discusses this
3. Amazon prime music integrated-Needs subscription
4. Free 1GB per month internet/car wifi hotspot(as long as you have the car)

iSmart app is the same for both the trims. No difference at all.

You also won’t know the state of chargers in the SatNav.
I hadn't heard about that. I'd stated in another thread that if something like that was implemented then it would make the Connect a better proposition. Do you have a screen shot as would be nice to know what it can report?

I assume there are apps in the PlayStore that do this that would then work in Android Auto? If not, I agree this is helpful
Yes you can always use your favourite charge network app, or a better route planner or zap map etc., but having it built in would be really nice....as would being able to start a charge and use battery heater if navigating to a charger etc

Thank you...sorry loads of questions here, but it's really helpful.

If you plug your phone in to a connect, I assume the button becomes the voice assistant on your phone and not the built in car assistant. How do you execute car voice commands whilst your phone is plugged in on AA or CarPlay?

Thank you...sorry loads of questions here, but it's really helpful.

If you plug your phone in to a connect, I assume the button becomes the voice assistant on your phone and not the built in car assistant. How do you execute car voice commands whilst your phone is plugged in on AA or CarPlay?
Short press = Car Voice
Long Press = Phone Voice.

Saying “Hey MG” or “Hello MG” negates the need to press the button for Car Voice, as does “Hey Siri” or “Hey Google” for the phone.

Thank you for all your help, this is a great and friendly forum. You've convinced me to amend my order! Now do I go LR whilst I'm making the call...haha?

There are lots of threads that discuss the differences and the pros and cons. Worth searching them and checking those. In a nutshell the extra bits Connect offers:
1. Live traffic and weather updates
2. Voice commands - @Dave pointed out the list. A separate thread discusses this
3. Amazon prime music integrated-Needs subscription
4. Free 1GB per month internet/car wifi hotspot(as long as you have the car)

iSmart app is the same for both the trims. No difference at all.
Amazon Music works fine with a free account. Subscription will remove adverts and allow improved music selection.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom