Ismart Useless

Mack1410

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
I have come to the conclusion that the steam driven ismart app is useless!

When it works its fine but invariably it does not. If I do not use my car for 48 hours the app fails to connect. What's the point of that, surely its more. beneficial to be able to check on car security when your away from home.

Yes if I unlock the car with the keys and press the starter the app reboots, but I can't do that from 200 miles away!

Is your connection a weak or strong signal in your area ?.
I have found that over the last 7 months, it can be a bit hit and miss some days, but not having an App on the ZS EV Gen 1 - It still is a god send, when it is working correctly.
The preheating of the cabin is a great feature in the winter.
I would say, it has failed about 5 or 6 times over 7 months.
I have left the car unused for about 4 or 5 days and it stills works fine, but only a few days ago, the car had not been used for about a day and a half, and it would NOT connect to the car what ever I did !.
Latter that day, we did the school run in the afternoon.
When I arrived at the school, it was all back up and running again !.
So, using the car brought it back to life.
I have found, that if you open the App and request a command straight away, it not keen on that idea.
So, what I tend to do is this, open the App and then ask it to run the 11 point for health check first.
You get the spinning wheel around the image of the car at first, they it will pull up the 11 items on the list.
Not sure if this helps, but it maybe it gives it a few seconds to wake up ?.
Have you noticed, it will usually miss reporting the interior temp of the cabin, on the first pass of the health check ?.
But it will pick it up on the second pass though, so there is some lag / delay present.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom