Issues with Android Auto

Scrap the above, it played up again this evening lol!
Did you try what I said before? Just make a call and it should come back on. Mine did the same today after I was finished public charging. I quickly made a call to voicemail and the music was fine again.

I tried 3 differents phone (Huawey P10 Lite, samsuns galaxy s10 and Samsung Axx) with 2 different cable. unfortunatly with the same result.
I found a workaround (found in one of these discussions I guess). I un-checked the option hello MG (yes mg) in my mg parameter and then everything works fine for me. As I don't use hello MG, it doesn't borrow me. If I really want to use it, I push the button on the steering wheel.

I found a workaround (found in one of these discussions I guess). I un-checked the option hello MG (yes mg) in my mg parameter and then everything works fine for me. As I don't use hello MG, it doesn't borrow me. If I really want to use it, I push the button on the steering wheel.
I don't follow, was this an option in the car from the infotainment menu?

I use AA on a Mk 1 ZSEV. No problems at all. Samsung Galaxy S7. It usually takes a 2nd plug-in to make it work but once working it is stable for the whole journey.
I've noticed recently that on my mk1, if you set destination etc on the phone & start navigation and THEN plug it in to the car, it "takes" first time and by itself changes to show the Google Android auto nav screen telling you where to go (as it were).

Occasionally I get the "hey Google" (and /or steering wheel button press) failing with an "oops something went wrong" & usually a phone reboot sorts that (but needs a stop of course 😇).

I don't follow, was this an option in the car from the infotainment menu?
Yes. It's the option that detect when we say "hello MG" instead of pushing the button on the steering wheel. I had only to de-activate it and now everything works fine for me with android (OK Google for exemple but also when I click on the blue bell now it works when I'm driving)

Yes. It's the option that detect when we say "hello MG" instead of pushing the button on the steering wheel. I had only to de-activate it and now everything works fine for me with android (OK Google for exemple but also when I click on the blue bell now it works when I'm driving)
Precision: my problem was that when I was driving, the microphone seemed to not working (no response detected from Android auto, the 3 vertical lines didn't react) and when I stopped the car everything worked fine.

Precision: my problem was that when I was driving, the microphone seemed to not working (no response detected from Android auto, the 3 vertical lines didn't react) and when I stopped the car everything worked fine.

Attachments

• IMG_20230104_064446.jpg
    IMG_20230104_064446.jpg
    208.5 KB · Views: 77
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom