Issues with condensation

Arconia

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
I've had my MG ZS for about a year and I've noticed that there's quite the issue with condensation build-up on the windows. Particularly when it's cold outside and there's 3+ people in the car. I've turned the auto air setting to high and I still find myself quite often to have to specifically blow heat on the windscreen instead of leaving it on auto. Anyone else having issues with this? Not to mention the rear-passanger windows being completely fogged up as well.

I've had my MG ZS for about a year and I've noticed that there's quite the issue with condensation build-up on the windows. Particularly when it's cold outside and there's 3+ people in the car. I've turned the auto air setting to high and I still find myself quite often to have to specifically blow heat on the windscreen instead of leaving it on auto. Anyone else having issues with this? Not to mention the rear-passanger windows being completely fogged up as well.
Instead of auto air, set the air from outside and problem will disappear

There are some threads on this issue and quite a few suggestions on how to deal with it. A quick search should find them.

We’ve recently found that directing the fan on the screen helps driving without needing to demist although the rest of the car is still misted.
I have also seen on the forums that Teslas are suffering too if that’s any consolation!

Tesla forum post

its a known problem and was happening in the previous model too! I've found that if I put the air on pointed at the screen and set the fan speed to 1 it doesn't fog up.

Non-recirc and air directed to the screen should be the default, but isn't. Back to HVAC school MG.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom