I've cancelled my mgzs ev.

Lancslass1

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Hello all
I posted to share that I'd ordered an EV mg zs and oh the excitement, I cannot tell you.
I absolutely fully understand that there is a huge shortage, and I do get there are issues.

On Thursday last week, I got an update from the dealership and to be fair, the garage has been very up front and very honest about what is going on.
However on Thursday, I got word,that yet again my new car is not ready until...... December AND, get this, still hasn't been built or in the built arena.
Judging by the forum and I read all the issues, and I do take on board what others are going through, and my feelings on this right now too, the dates keep changing, and I literally don't know when my new car will be here, so, after a lot of thought, I've taken the decision to now cancel my car.

I do have access to a fleet of evs they are golf's and I can use these from work, but I wanted one of my own.

So, I'm saving the money and using it to get my house done.
I think if anything covid has taught me, as I was one of those in hospital, on oxygen, and whilst I'm fully recovered now, it's taught me that I live life to the full and I honestly have zero patience to be messed about too.

Another decision also, and this is not an MG by the way, and this is what got me thinking anyway.
My friend has electric car, fully electric and very expensive from another car company, not sure if I can name them on here. Starts with a v and is a German car. She had full charge, was on the m61 in the middle lane and the car literally stopped.
The motorway had to be closed to get her off.

The issue for me then, is that the garage have told her, the part she needs is a long wait.

For me, it's not the breaking down, but the getting the part. So if mg can't build my car, because of parts and whatever reason they keep telling me, they won't be able to fix my car quickly either. I just don't want the hassle or the headache, so I've cancelled it, I already feel a lot lighter too.

Cancelling was easy too. There is a waiting list, and I was not charged.

I will re think in a couple of years, maybe get a second hand one, but right now, I just was not prepared to wait again. Elaine x

I agree with you. I’m afraid that waiting a long time for a mainstream new car has never sat comfortably with me.

I agree with you. I’m afraid that waiting a long time for a mainstream new car has never sat comfortably with me.
Me neither, at 69 years old time is precious, you never know when the grim reaper will strike. :oops:

I agree @Lancslass1 life is to short to be messed about constantly and your spot on about the after sales service it does seem to be a weak area for MG at the moment who knows maybe it will get better in the future.
Good luck with getting your house fixed up.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom