When I locked it I started to change ok
I was told that it had all the latest updates
But I don’t know what else is not working
The bongs are gone and the temperature is on screen
Everything seems to be working fine
Any thoughts
Thanks in advance
Steve

Congratulations. I would suggest you just enjoy your new car. Take it slow. Some cars with updates don’t charge AC unlocked. Unless it’s a big deal for you I wouldn’t worry for now. My car doesn’t. If you’re really interest in getting into the technicalities after you’ve had the car for a while you can get great info by using the search function on here. Enjoy.

Thanks for the good advise,
I don’t think it will make a difference that I have to lock it to charge,
but I was wondering what else that update did

Here you go:

• Faster system self-check when powering ‘ON’
  • Infotainment volume maintains and restarts at previous volume setting after powering ON/OFF
  • Auto High Beam system disable option available in menu settings
  • General warning chime quality improvements and reduced volume
  • Warning chimes reduced for MG Pilot and Key Reminder
  • Vehicle temperature and temperature alarm featured in the instrument display
  • Vehicle range always on display in instrument pack
  • Vehicle can be unlocked during A/C charging, when re-locked charging automatically resumes

Thanks for the good advise,
I don’t think it will make a difference that I have to lock it to charge,
but I was wondering what else that update did
The charging whilst unlocked was a separate update on it's own, but many had it done when their comfort 2 update was applied after August 2020.
I bought mine July 2020 with comfort 2 applied but just missed the charging whilst unlocked update.

Congratulations. I would suggest you just enjoy your new car. Take it slow. Some cars with updates don’t charge AC unlocked. Unless it’s a big deal for you I wouldn’t worry for now. My car doesn’t. If you’re really interest in getting into the technicalities after you’ve had the car for a while you can get great info by using the search function on here. Enjoy.
Great piece of advice @Cocijo .
@P6cat Glad you enjoyed your drive home with the ZS EV !.
I would forget about the "Not Charging While Unlocked" issue for now.
There is such a LOT to take onboard when receiving a new car.
If you have never owned an EV before, then there is PLENTY things to take up your time.
A good place to start, is reading the manual ( Twice ! ) no skipping pages NOW ! ;).
For what it is worth, my car is 18 months old and covered almost 13,000 miles.
It had the "Comfort 2" update after about 9 - 10 months, well worth having, but it would NOT charge with doors open on my home wall box, both before or after.
If I opened the car, while it was on charge, it would pause the charge until the car was relocked again, it would then start charging once again.
Not sure if you are aware, but it SHOULD allow you to enter the boot by lifting up the MG badge when you have the keys are in your pocket.
It will continue charging as long as you DON'T unlock the doors with the remote.
When you close the boot, you will see the indicators flash to indicate the boot has relocked itself.
To be totally honest, I never found the lack of this feature to be a massive issue mate.
When my car received the latest BMS update at its first service, on Jan 15th 2021.
I have now discovered that it WILL indeed charge on my wall box with the car unlocked.
Strangle enough, I witnessed this only today.
I had unlocked the car and had the drivers door open about 50% of its travel.
As soon as I plugged in the car, it commenced charging even with the door almost wide open.
I then shut the door and locked it with the remote, I then realised I had left my phone on the drivers seat ( DOOH ! ) - I therefore reopened the car with the remote, grabbed my phone and relocked the car, it just carried on charging away like nothing had happened.
Leave well alone for now and just enjoy the car my friend.
Good luck !.

Great piece of advice @Cocijo .
@P6cat Glad you enjoyed your drive home with the ZS EV !.
I would forget about the "Not Charging While Unlocked" issue for now.
There is such a LOT to take onboard when receiving a new car.
If you have never owned an EV before, then there is PLENTY things to take up your time.
A good place to start, is reading the manual ( Twice ! ) no skipping pages NOW ! ;).
For what it is worth, my car is 18 months old and covered almost 13,000 miles.
It had the "Comfort 2" update after about 9 - 10 months, well worth having, but it would NOT charge with doors open on my home wall box, both before or after.
If I opened the car, while it was on charge, it would pause the charge until the car was relocked again, it would then start charging once again.
Not sure if you are aware, but it SHOULD allow you to enter the boot by lifting up the MG badge when you have the keys are in your pocket.
It will continue charging as long as you DON'T unlock the doors with the remote.
When you close the boot, you will see the indicators flash to indicate the boot has relocked itself.
To be totally honest, I never found the lack of this feature to be a massive issue mate.
When my car received the latest BMS update at its first service, on Jan 15th 2021.
I have now discovered that it WILL indeed charge on my wall box with the car unlocked.
Strangle enough, I witnessed this only today.
I had unlocked the car and had the drivers door open about 50% of its travel.
As soon as I plugged in the car, it commenced charging even with the door almost wide open.
I then shut the door and locked it with the remote, I then realised I had left my phone on the drivers seat ( DOOH ! ) - I therefore reopened the car with the remote, grabbed my phone and relocked the car, it just carried on charging away like nothing had happened.
Leave well alone for now and just enjoy the car my friend.
Good luck !.
Thanks for your advice ,very helpful,
i think I’ve been watching and reading too many story of problems with the cars if I hadn’t heard so much stuff I’d be happy with the car 🚙

Thanks for your advice ,very helpful,
i think I’ve been watching and reading too many story of problems with the cars if I hadn’t heard so much stuff I’d be happy with the car 🚙
It is really good that you did your research, but don't become over paranoid about the car.
Every single car will be different in some way, shape or form.
I would strongly suggest that you just take the car at face value and enjoy what you have.
There is plenty of good advice on this forum, IF you run into any issues as you move forward.
Otherwise it will cloud your vision of the car, straight from the "Get Go".

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom