Just joined. 🙂

salty

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
Hi, my name is Tony, and I'm seriously considering an MG 4 X Power for my first EV. I've done a lot of reading and watching about the car, and read the posts on here. I'm still a bit apprehensive about EV's. 🙄
I've test drove Two X Power's with a salesman and unaccompanied, was very impressed. Just need that final shove I think. 🙂👍

Hi, I have driven the MG4 but not the X-power. very nice car And thinking of it as a second car in the future.
What sort of milaege do you do and can you install a home EVSE

Welcome. Only you can decide, but Im glad I went EV. A lot of what is said on forums can be ignored and also the general ignorance around EVs. There are a number of good journalistic EV sites try looking at electrifying.com and drivelectric.com for more info.

What sort of milaege do you do and can you install a home EVSE
Honestly, if you can charge at home and you don't need to do long journeys under time pressure or tow a caravan then an EV is an absolute no-brainer. All you need to decide is which model.

About 7,000 miles a year, if that, I will very rarely, if at all do long journeys and yep can easily install a home charger. As for the model gotta be an X Power. 🙂👍

I'd go for it.

Owning an EV is a less stressful experience than owning an ICE car. Fewer things go wrong and maintenance and running costs are far cheaper.

There's always the possibility you might get a bad car, but that's why the rejection rules exist, which protect you in the first few days if it isn't everything you were promised.

I'd say to anyone who has previously owned a car - if you can home charge then there's nothing to be afraid of. If you can't home charge you just need to research your options to see how viable it is for your journey mix, then there's nothing to be afraid of.

If you are worried about MG - they are not perfect by any means but the value is unbeatable. You can pay a lot more if you want to go elsewhere for better service/support, up to you.

Hi, my name is Tony, and I'm seriously considering an MG 4 X Power for my first EV. I've done a lot of reading and watching about the car, and read the posts on here. I'm still a bit apprehensive about EV's. 🙄
I've test drove Two X Power's with a salesman and unaccompanied, was very impressed. Just need that final shove I think. 🙂👍
Hy I had many apprehensions and a not so nice dealer. I’ve watched umpteen videos, read a thousand reviews and am a regular stalker on this forum.
I’ve gone from ooh I don’t know 🤷‍♀️
To absolutely looking forward to my EV adventure. Like you I don’t do a lot of long distance at all and with that the SESR suits my needs.
I think you’ve made your mind up already as you say just need a final push. The guys on here gave me the final push and I cannot wait.
Is there only one colour in x power? You’re lucky you haven’t the need to choose colours as that’s the only problem I had with going with an EV MG SE 😊
Go for it I reckon

About 7,000 miles a year, if that, I will very rarely, if at all do long journeys and yep can easily install a home charger. As for the model gotta be an X Power. 🙂👍
Very like my situation, but with mileage around 5k a year. Will never go back to an ICE car and thats from a petrolhead.

One thing I forgot: look into insurance quotes before you buy - this is one area where you can end up paying more for an EV.
There are more EV specific quotes available now, but you will pay more for the XPOWER.

Just a thought that if you are going to holiday in the UK, there are more properties that are listing with EV chargers. Thats what I now look for before booking, we have two 1 week holidays booked next year both with dedicated ev wall chargers. One is in Hereford and the other Dorset, no issue getting to Hereford from home without a charge, but will need to top up on way to Dorset. Rest of the time will charge at the property, there will be a payment to the home owner but both far less than public charging.

Shove delivered - do it.

Narrowed it down to 3 colours. At first it absolutely had to be Orange, but the colour I dismissed immediately Green is very much growing on me, it's an exclusive colour to the x power and that appeals and in the flesh does look good, only slight worry is maintaining it and lastly it's now free on the affinity scheme. And lastly White, I've got a white car now and they do look good. Decisions, decisions. 🙄🙂

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 519 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 89 13.6%
  • No

Votes: 48 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back