Just Joined

weedavemac

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Hi Everyone,

I have just joined the forum today.

Looking at an MG5 as my next car to use as a taxi, so no doubt I will be asking lots of questions in the future.

Probably won't be looking to buy for at least another year or so, by which time the updated version will hopefully be in the UK.

In the meantime I will be reading your posts, hoping to learn a thing or two.

Cheers, Dave

Hi Dave,

Do you think they will put chargers at Taxi ranks or will it invlove to much unplugging as you move along?

Hi Dave,

Do you think they will put chargers at Taxi ranks or will it invlove to much unplugging as you move along?
Hi, think you answered your own question there - too complicated, plus the councils will not spend the money.
When I do go electric I will charge from home overnight, and perhaps do a short, secondary charge while on a break.

Definitely the way forward and the ideal car in my opinion for a taxi. If the councils want clean air in towns, then installing chargers at the ranks is the best way to help achieve it. If there were some available I expect you'd consider using it? The main problem will be logistics. There are a lot of ranks in Salisbury (for example) next to pavements that are not particularly wide, so the charging point would be very obstructive to pedestrians. They would have to re-think the locations of the actual ranks themselves.

Hi, think you answered your own question there - too complicated, plus the councils will not spend the money.
When I do go electric I will charge from home overnight, and perhaps do a short, secondary charge while on a break.
Surprisingly we have a lot of charge points locally that have been installed by the council. Okay they are only 7kwh but better than nothing.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom