• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Keeping an eye out.

DaveA70

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
I talked to my MG dealer (Unity) and he seemed to think the E Motion was coming to market. No timing yet but I think we will probably see more through SAIC website.
C9CD219E-DA32-4EBE-86DA-90B774CF232E.jpeg

I regularly scour the net for information on this car. I'll be ordering one the moment its available. :) That is assuming it does get built...

I'd expect with the pound weaker than in 2017 when it was suggested a price starting under £30k, well seen a starting price of about £36k after the grant.

There were some miniature models on the internet, it looks nothing like the posted pic. It looked closer to the previous concept model that MG demonstrated.

I regularly scour the net for information on this car. I'll be ordering one the moment its available. :) That is assuming it does get built...

I'd expect with the pound weaker than in 2017 when it was suggested a price starting under £30k, well seen a starting price of about £36k after the grant.
That’s so close to Model 3 pricing that I’d rather get the Tesla.

That’s so close to Model 3 pricing that I’d rather get the Tesla.
You might be surprised if you compared a Tesla Model 3 to the MG - sensational as the Tesla is in many ways, the MG (and some other EV’s) show some of the Tesla’s shortcomings too. Personal choice snd experience after all. I do agree that once a significant price advantage starts to narrow then the focus starts to shift.

Looks like the E-Motion has been pushed back to end of 2022 or start of 2023. Peoples obsession with SUVs probaly pushed it back :(

Someone has just stated on an EV facebook group that a production coupe based on the latest e-motion patent drawings gets revealed on July 30th. Source at SAIC, apparently!

Edit: Please disregard, this was BS I'm afraid.

Last edited:
Someone has just stated on an EV facebook group that a production coupe based on the latest e-motion patent drawings gets revealed on July 30th. Source at SAIC, apparently!

Most likely BS, but I'll be keeping half an eye out on the 30th just in case! We did get told by MG/SAIC at the end of last year it was coming by the end of '21...

(Don't hold your breath though...)
Ah nice thanks for the info, someone at MG said on his you tube video pod cast that he got a memo saying end of 2022 but things do change, they are pretty big SAIC. I have no car at the moment and was holding out got the E-Motion so will be devastated if it is pushed back far.

Are you planning on getting one to ?

"MG One is equipped with chip technology, active digital eco system, advanced electric architecture and hard-core software technology"

That's a lot of words to say absolutely nothing!

"MG One is equipped with chip technology, active digital eco system, advanced electric architecture and hard-core software technology"

That's a lot of words to say absolutely nothing!
Haha i think the person who wrote that was also confused what it means.
Other sites say it is a 1.5 petrol so might not be for the UK, probaly china and india.

Ah nice thanks for the info, someone at MG said on his you tube video pod cast that he got a memo saying end of 2022 but things do change, they are pretty big SAIC. I have no car at the moment and was holding out got the E-Motion so will be devastated if it is pushed back far.

Are you planning on getting one to ?
I was, but having already waited 4 years, I'm losing patience, if it isn't at least on it's way by the end of this year, I'll most likely buy a used model S!

I was, but having already waited 4 years, I'm losing patience, if it isn't at least on it's way by the end of this year, I'll most likely buy a used model S!
Me to ill give it till this year and then move on if it is late next year. Used model S is a good idea, better then a Model 3. I wanted a Kia Stinger but held off for the E-Motion but buying 1 now feels like it is going backwards so probaly look into the Kia EV6. Not sure what is is, SUV or cross over or hatchback lol. But i think that will make the E-Motion outdated by the time it comes out.

You'll be paying a premium since you can't buy new Model Ss in the UK, so the price of used Ss has risen and is (I think) continuing to rise.
You might be right, I did nearly buy one 2 weeks ago, but decided against it. On continuing to look since, I've noted the available numbers are dwindling and prices are creeping up. The new model arrival here is looking like the end of next year.

Last edited:
According to MG Motor Europe you tube channel, There are no plans to bring the MG E-Motion to Europe, looks like they will just make boring SUVs.

According to MG Motor Europe you tube channel, There are no plans to bring the MG E-Motion to Europe, looks like they will just make boring SUVs.
All down to numbers.... Hard to make a profit on vehicles such as these.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom