KER’s level 3 braking failure

Mark Holmes

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Just had a warning come up on my dash to say that the KER’s level 3 isn’t working as it should and to use the pedal, has anyone else had this issue it’s been working fine for one whole week...will call MG tomorrow and get it booked in. The message doesn’t appear on level 1 or 2!!

Mark, Ignore it, it's NOT a fault. When the battery is nearly full the KERS is reduced. Think of it this way if the battery was a pint of beer, you have a sip then top it up back to a pint, don't take a sip and if you try to top it up it again it won't take it, it would overflow. This is why you get the warning. Its just a warning to make sure you brake and NOT rely fully on the KERS slowing you down. The warning ONLY comes on if the user changes the KERS setting manually.

Regards

Frank

I have noticed today that it has started working again, noted your comments about the pint of glass analogy, but I’m sure it worked before when it was fully charged?
Has anyone else noticed this issue with the KER’s?

This has happened to me a few times but I ignord the warning and all was fine. One thing I’ve come to realise about the MG is that it pays to carry out each function slowly and wait a second before the next thing I do to give the software time to work out what it needs to do.

It’s seems to only happen when fully charged, however I will monitor for the time and see what happens before going back to MG, hey I have 7 years....

Mine does it as well....nothing to worry about, all OK when you have done a few miles ......then you can save your brake pads again!

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom