Kers and mode ;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alimack60

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Does everyones ZS EV default to Normal mode coupled with Level 3 Kers even if you only leave the car for a couple of minutes ?
is there a way of storing your own preferences?
Not a massive problem but just wondered if there is a solution.
thanks.

I think it does also ,but to be honest i leave mine on 3 anyway ,so sorry can't swear to it

Upvote 0
Yes I like Kers 3 it but it would be nice if my wife could just jump in and away and her setting was ready for her. (eco and Kers 1).
maybe in a future update, big MAYBE !!! 😀

Upvote 0
The default "Boot up" setting on the ZS EV is as follows :-
NORMAL drive mode and then Max Regen level 3.
I personally like this setting myself ?.
After the latest BMS update ( released 15TH Jan 2021 ) the Regen is more available at a higher rate of SOC now, the Regen is more linear and available at a higher level of SOC.
The increased range in "Eco" setting can also be achieved in the NORMAL mode if you are careful with the "Go Pedal" and reduce the heat demanded for cabin heat.
Eco mode automatically reduce's the level of heat provided to the cabin space, in order to conserve the range of the HV battery pack.
In "Sports" mode, the response from the "Go Pedal" will be a LOT sharper, but range will be consumed even MORE quickly than before !.
The range indicated by using "Eco Mode" can be achieved by the owner in "NORMAL" mode if the car is driven correctly by the user.

Upvote 0
SWMBO and I both like the KERS at level 3 so she's going to have to remember to change it from 2 to 3 when we pick up her MG5.
I don't see why it can't revert to whatever KERS and Mode it was in as previously set, the infotainment system and the HVAC system do so why not the car ?

Upvote 0
SWMBO and I both like the KERS at level 3 so she's going to have to remember to change it from 2 to 3 when we pick up her MG5.
I don't see why it can't revert to whatever KERS and Mode it was in as previously set, the infotainment system and the HVAC system do so why not the car ?
I think the infotainment reverting to 'left' setting was part of the Comfort 2 update, so maybe it could be done easily enough as another update.

Upvote 0
It's just a lack of effort that has been put into the computer systems!
That's why the car's cheap!
Maybe comfort pack 3 will have it in....I'd pay a few £s for that update....

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom