Keyless Entry - LR

AbandonedTrolley

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
With all the thefts in the UK of cars with keyless entry, does the MG have any protection against this. Ford recently added tech in the keys to stop broadcasting the signal if they were left still for around 30 seconds, stopping the ability to extend the range of the key for would-be thieves. Failing that is there a fuse that can be pulled or the ability to turn off in the settings somewhere?

No, no and no.

Pop it in a tin. (stand by the car with it and make sure that the tin you use blocks the signal. It needs to have a lid.)

If you search "keyless entry" there are a few posts on the subject might help? different options etc.

MONOJOY Large Faraday Bag, Signal Blocking Pouch for Car Keys Phones, Keyless Entry Signal Blocker, RFID Cell Phone and Key Pouch (Large Faraday Bag) Amazon product ASIN B07DQKQQBB
Other makes and suppliers are available.

This one definitely works for me, standing beside car car does't 'see' it.

The range of the key is very short anyway, 1-2m, which is good security wise, but it's wise to use a Faraday bag or tin as well and don't forget to put your spare key in one too. (y)
Handy hint: If you have other keys on your key ring the Faraday bags for phones are bigger. ;)

I bought 3 cheap Faraday pouches on eBay and they work a treat. I only put the car key in it when not in use. The others are in use by other family members.

We haven't caught COVID yet so they must work - oops, I mean t the car hasn't been stolen yet so they must work LOL

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom