Keys in car.

peterseddon

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Accidently tested if you can lock the car with the keys inside, and you can. Wife has key in bag and left the bag in the car. I locked it and it locked no trouble. One to watch out for, I'm unlikely to do it as I never use the key, just keep it in my pocket and press the handle button to lock.

I agree, with both keys present, by two different people holding a set each, then it not a problem I guess ?.
Unless you and your wife is miles apart of course !.
You need the second key preset, to be able to lock the first set in the car ???.
The boot is most venerable I guess, you flip the MG badge to open the boot, you put your coat in the car and leave the key in your jacket pocket, you shut the boot with the key inside.
You reach for your phone to unlock the car and it’s in your other jacket pocket 🙏.
“Rat’s”!.
It’s not possible to lock both sets in the car is it 🤣 - surely not ?.
Don’t try it for God’s sake !.
There is also the unlock feature on the App to consider ??.
Oh …… but your phone is in the boot !.
“Top tip” - take one of key 🔑 blades out of one set of keys and keep it in your wallet.
Better still, get a spare blade cut !.

Last edited:
It's not possible to lock the key in the car if you only have the one key present. It's only going to allow it if the other key is outside the car being used to lock it.
You can only lock the key in the boot if the key is shielded and/or you ignore the beeps and the boot hatch bouncing open again as you try and force it shut.

Last edited:
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom