Kick plate film removal

Ian Key

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
Those of you who have brought stainless steel kick plates for your MG4 from Aliexpress how have you removed the grey protective film?

Last edited by a moderator:
Normally just a fingernail job.
Having difficulty finding an edge?

Normally just a fingernail job.
Having difficulty finding an edge?
You could say that. Might try an old credit card to get it started. It's only the grey that needs removing as it doesn't have the film over the whole plate
Kick plate.jpg

You could say that. Might try an old credit card to get it started. It's only the grey that needs removing as it doesn't have the film over the whole plate
View attachment 16566
Think there are 2 types from ali express, this looks the same as the one I bought which has the grey painted or powder coated finish. These have no protective film.
Think there are others availible which have a shiny finish to the lettering (these have a protective film).
I should have looked closer when I was buying, as I prefer the shiny ones.

Think there are 2 types from ali express, this looks the same as the one I bought which has the grey painted or powder coated finish. These have no protective film.
Think there are others availible which have a shiny finish to the lettering (these have a protective film).
I should have looked closer when I was buying, as I prefer the shiny ones.
It's the shiny ones I've got. I'm going to try warming it up with a hair dryer later to see if that makes it easier.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom