#KILLTHECHROME

sgt4hed

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
So I am starting my journey of a "full" chrome delete on the ZS and here is my progress so far. Window sil chrome kn drivers side is done and so is the drivers door handle, nearly finished the resr drivers side handle then its on to the other side then when im feeling brave ill do the lower sils, front and rear trims and the badges 😁
20220612_180638.jpg

Attachments

• 20220612_180645.jpg
    20220612_180645.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 184
One side done. Had to take the wing mirror off to do the front window properly.

Attachments

• 20220612_194006.jpg
    20220612_194006.jpg
    304 KB · Views: 163
I have a white one on order too and this was exactly my thought process! I also hate chrome :sick: I was thinking gloss black on the shiney chrome and a matt (or carbon :unsure:) on the brushed chrome stuff. Deffo the badges would look good in black on the white. I feel the chrome badges seem to get lost on the gloss white...

I have a white one on order too and this was exactly my thought process! I also hate chrome :sick: I was thinking gloss black on the shiney chrome and a matt (or carbon :unsure:) on the brushed chrome stuff. Deffo the badges would look good in black on the white. I feel the chrome badges seem to get lost on the gloss white...
Yeah it looks loads better, though I am going to pay to get it done professionally now because the handles have already started to peel so had to come off and the window trim is starting to peel too... so whether that is down to me not prepping properly or poor quality product, but I have been quoted 390 for the window trims, lower sills, front and rear badges and front and rear bumper trims which is pretty good and will be done professionally and be guaranteed so fingers crossed.

Yeah it looks loads better, though I am going to pay to get it done professionally now because the handles have already started to peel so had to come off and the window trim is starting to peel too... so whether that is down to me not prepping properly or poor quality product, but I have been quoted 390 for the window trims, lower sills, front and rear badges and front and rear bumper trims which is pretty good and will be done professionally and be guaranteed so fingers crossed.
That really isn't a bad price at all. Would love to see the final result!

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom