Lane assist

Morwena

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi.. I’ve been enjoying my MG ZS Exclusive since 10th August but I wondered if there was a way to restore the electronic speedometer display once driver assist has called you up on something!?
In particular... as soon as Lane assist beeps you lose the speedometer display for the rest of the journey.
I clearly have a form of spatial unawareness ... as she beeps at me a lot on lane assist.. so much so it’s become annoying!
anyone else experience this?

I know exactly what you are saying, on my test drive I had to dive into the settings and find out how to turn off the audio alarms. I was being judged too harshly, I couldn't wait to turn it off.

Do you know about the comfort update? A recent update changes behaviour of bongs, beeps and honks.

The comfort 2 update changes a lot, have a look on YouTube as there are examples on there as to the difference before and after the update, it’s so so much improved...

The comfort 2 update does not fix that unfortunately.

I get it in mine (Comfort 2 applied), always turn it off and revert to the speed display manually. Even the low lane assist setting beeps too much for my liking!

How do you turn the lane assist off as mine constantly beeps at me ?
On infotainment home screen, pressing car icon takes you to car settings. Scroll 'right' through the tabs to lane keep assist.
You will find an option to disable.

This drives me mad. I just want to stay on the trip screen but it constantly reverts back to the assistance screen. It's just one of those idiosyncrasies of the car.

Hi.. I’ve been enjoying my MG ZS Exclusive since 10th August but I wondered if there was a way to restore the electronic speedometer display once driver assist has called you up on something!?
In particular... as soon as Lane assist beeps you lose the speedometer display for the rest of the journey.
I clearly have a form of spatial unawareness ... as she beeps at me a lot on lane assist.. so much so it’s become annoying!
anyone else experience this?
Two clicks on left button on steering wheel will give you speed screen back when under mg pilot.

You can restore it by 2 presses on the left or right arrows on the right hand side of the steering wheel.
I turned LKA off on mine because it's so annoying.

How do you turn the lane assist off as mine constantly beeps at me ?
You can press the button at the end of the indicator stalk switch to turn off/on lane assist.

Edit: see picture
1625780020407.png

Last edited:
This drives me mad. I just want to stay on the trip screen but it constantly reverts back to the assistance screen. It's just one of those idiosyncrasies of the car.
At first, it annoyed me. Later I realized that the trip information was redundant as I could read the speed from analogue dials, distance covered in corner of the screen etc.
Now, I drive with Lane Keep Assist in "ON" all the time which continuously adjusts steering to keep the car to the center of the lane. My commute is along a single carriageway with long bends and the feature has worked nicely up till now.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom