Last minute questions for dealer

MrG

Established Member
Reaction score
So, the collection date for my Exclusive is Saturday 13th. I'm getting a pre-reg model (now registered 2021) so dealer says I won't have any trouble with updates, HV battery or driver's side wiring.

Just making a list of anything else I should ask about this week before I pick up.

Anything you all think is a must?

I just made absolutely certain that they had definitely applied all of the latest software updates on mine last week before I picked it up

So, the collection date for my Exclusive is Saturday 13th. I'm getting a pre-reg model (now registered 2021) so dealer says I won't have any trouble with updates, HV battery or driver's side wiring.

Just making a list of anything else I should ask about this week before I pick up.

it should be fully charged - and you should have a MG teddy and a goody bag!

Make sure in your pack they give you the free AA Membership card.

Perry's in Preston still haven't given me mine since September, but after taking my service contract out with another dealer - Chorley MG in Burnley, after a recent visit to update the software, they left a pack in the car WITH the AA Card enclosed.

Didn't get an MG Teddy or goodie bag either. LOL

BUT I love the car.

Andy (Blackpool)

it should be fully charged - and you should have a MG teddy and a goody bag!
A teddy and goody bag, eh? Not a deal breaker, but for my girls, that'll be something that will certainly win me some Daddy browny points!

Perry's in Preston still haven't given me mine since September, but after taking my service contract out with another dealer - Chorley MG in Burnley, after a recent visit to update the software, they left a pack in the car WITH the AA Card enclosed.

BUT I love the car.

Andy (Blackpool)
I've already checked that one and I've been assured it'll be in the pack. We will see...!

I just made absolutely certain that they had definitely applied all of the latest software updates on mine last week before I picked it up
Hi, bet they did not update, I picked mine up March last year, that was way after the update was done and went back to complain as it was Bing bonging all over the place. Can you see your miles left on the dash, also can you see the clock and temperature top right of the stereo? if not it is the first factory software. One quick phone call as you don't want to take it back after you just got your new toy.. Good luck

Last edited:

Here is a good one for you.
Ask them to show you how the speed camera software works and test it BEFORE YOU PAY? My dealership ended up installing the top Snooper in mine as they don't function in the UK. I do get the odd notice on my dash but very rare.

Attachments

• Setting menu.jpg
    Setting menu.jpg
    585.9 KB · Views: 143
  • Speed Camera sub menu.jpg
    Speed Camera sub menu.jpg
    560.3 KB · Views: 149
  • Speed Camera Types Menu.jpg
    Speed Camera Types Menu.jpg
    444.5 KB · Views: 159
My car was bought via a leasing company. No AA card.
Checked with AA who said it was not covered.

Leasing company have their own breakdown arrangements and will cover it.

AA since replied they cover all MG cars for the first year, but I don't have a card.
Hoping I won't need them.

BUT I love the car.

Andy (Blackpool)
Got mine from mg chorley in Burnley, no teddy, goodie bag or AA card, not even a hand over, was thrown keys and left to it, just the handbook in the car.

Taking it in on Friday for the update, they said they need it all day and had no courtesy cars either due to covid. So wife has had to book day off to take me and pick me up as we are some distance away.

So not the best start to customer service but yep loving the car so far 👌

Here is a good one for you.
Ask them to show you how the speed camera software works and test it BEFORE YOU PAY? My dealership ended up installing the top Snooper in mine as they don't function in the UK. I do get the odd notice on my dash but very rare.
Is that in the built in sat nav somewhere?
I've not looked at it, just use maps via Apple Car Play.

Hi, bet they did not update, I picked mine up March last year, that was way after the update was done and went back to complain as it was Bing bonging all over the place. Can you see your miles left on the dash, also can you see the clock and temperature top right of the stereo? if not it is the first factory software. One quick phone call as you don't want to take it back after you just got your new toy.. Good luck
I'm fully to to date, as best I can tell anyway, have all the functionality - comfort pack 2 that everyone else has. No bongs, constant temperature & GOM, charge unlocked on AC.

Didn't get an MG teddy btw, got an MG water bottle with hidden key holder!

I'm fully to to date, as best I can tell anyway, have all the functionality - comfort pack 2 that everyone else has. No bongs, constant temperature & GOM, charge unlocked on AC.

Didn't get an MG teddy btw, got an MG water bottle with hidden key holder!
Here you go - Morris the MG dog

Attachments

• 3A18E8C8-8043-472D-8BDA-1D92A473B9FF.jpeg
    3A18E8C8-8043-472D-8BDA-1D92A473B9FF.jpeg
    320.5 KB · Views: 138
My car was bought via a leasing company. No AA card.
Checked with AA who said it was not covered.

Leasing company have their own breakdown arrangements and will cover it.

AA since replied they cover all MG cars for the first year, but I don't have a card.
Hoping I won't need them.
You don't need an AA card.. there is a specific 0800 to ring it's not the normal number and car is covered 12months from date of registration. If service with MG then it extends for another 12 months.
Their relay service is restricted to nearest dealer... Which is not great if you drive outside 8f your region.

I noticed the speed camera alerts don't do anything, even though you can set them up on the nav 😟

You don't need an AA card.. there is a specific 0800 to ring it's not the normal number and car is covered 12months from date of registration. If service with MG then it extends for another 12 months.
Their relay service is restricted to nearest dealer... Which is not great if you drive outside 8f your region.
Date of registration could be an issue. My car was registered at the end of July, but was delivered as new on 5 December.
Leasing company say they will cover it and I have breakdown cover with my bank as well.
Just a bit annoyed the car was supplied without the comfort 2 update.

So, been in touch with dealer and been assured that all updates are done and AA card is in the welcome pack - he's even trying to find a teddy!

Doing the baptism of fire drive of 300 miles back home will mean stopping a few times to recharge. I've read that I should try and stay in the slipstream of trucks, don't go over 60mph, keep it in Eco mode, warm my bum and nothing else, and stick to KERS3 to minimise battery usage.
Any other advice for driving so my wife doesn't laugh at a failure on the very first drive!?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom