Latest BMS update (Jan2021)

Electrifried

Established Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know how long the car remains live to allow a delayed charge from a Smart Home charger? I have had this update done because the previous update in Nov 2020 did not fix the issue I had with delayed charging. In Nov I at first thought the problem was fixed but the car only accepted a delayed charge once and never did it again. Grrrrrr. I have now had the latest one done and guess what? Yes, same thing again, it did a delayed charge from my Smart charger once, it did it the night after getting the car home, we set it at approx 3pm in the afternoon to do a charge starting at 1.30am and it successfully did the charge. Whoopeee. The following night charger set at 6.30pm after we finished with the car for a charge at 3.30am, it didn’t charge☹️. Again on the next night we did a similar time slot all the charges have been set to start about 9-9.30 hrs after car was finished use. Again the following night it did not charge. Now is it a case that 9.30 hrs is beyond what the car can accept or do I still have a problem with the car. To make sure it is not a charger issue I am taking our car to my Son in Laws over the next couple of days to use his Smart charger and see if the same issue applies on his Charger. I just find it strange that on each update the delayed charging works once but never again? Anyone with any info on length of time the car can be at rest before the delay on charging does not work.

Does anyone know how long the car remains live to allow a delayed charge from a Smart Home charger?
Should be 10 hours if the EVCC (Electric Vehicle Charge Controller) has been updated previously.

Some great details about that update here: Rolec charger problem

What charger do you have?

I don't know about others, but I find the paragraph in bold text quite hard to read.

That is the time I thought was mentioned previously but was unsure. My charger is a Wallbox Pulsar Plus, didnt realise I had it set on bold😶

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom