Latest software for MG5

CanyonReveller

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Hey guys, I'm trying to find the latest software version for a pre-facelift MG5. I don't have full access to OBD at the moment as my car has a bit of an identity crisis. It thinks it's a "Roewe" brand rather than an MG5 2021.

My dealer admitted to not doing the software updates or safety recalls when they had the car in back in December... to do the software updates and recall. Today they've allegedly updated the software and kers recall, but no software versions have changed that I can see.

This guy shows how to get into engineering mode

Under version info I have the attached numbers. Does anyone have an OS version newer than 2021 for a pre-facelift 2021 MG5?

Any information would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• IMG_20240227_204906_compress25.jpg
    IMG_20240227_204906_compress25.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
Which software though as I'm pretty sure that's just going to be the software and map versions on the infotainment system rather than the various ECU's
It's beyond maps, as that is a separate line entry.

Failure to update the the firmware on the infotainment would still be indicative of the failure to update "all of the software".

If you have a way of determining the specific ECU versions without OBD access, that would be great to know!

Must be a UK thing, the two MG5s I've had have both shown the temperature reading in degrees, no slider. (speaking of what he was trying to set via eng mode in the video.)

Must be a UK thing, the two MG5s I've had have both shown the temperature reading in degrees, no slider. (speaking of what he was trying to set via eng mode in the video.)
Mine shows the temperature in degrees too, and I'm in the UK. I wondered if it's an Exclusive vs Excite difference, but I'm not sure.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom