Latest software version?

peteg

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
I read a post that said there was a software update that made it possible stop a charge by unlocking the car and then unplugging the charge lead, rather than needing to stop it via the app or control panel. My car, delivered in June this year, doesn't do this, which suggests I don't have the latest software version?

I'd be grateful if anyone could let me know the latest version please.

My software:

ZS Software.jpg

Your right some call it the anti breaking up date the software numbers you posted are just for head unit

Where do I find the system software version?
There are over 20 of them; cars are complex.

If you want to list them yourself, you have to use an OBD2 dongle (not the cheapest nastiest ones), and the unofficial Thai app. There is a looong thread in the Resources\Unofficial app forum. Version 1.2.1 is very old now, follow the links to the latest version.

Unfortunately, no-one seems to have made a list or spreadsheet of versions for the Mark 2. There is such a spreadsheet for the Mark 1, available from the reverse engineering Slack group.

When i first got my MG ZS EV it would not unlock the charging cable, i always had to go to the car and press the lock symbol.

I had ordered the trailer hook, they were out of stock, so a month or 2 after i got it, they got the car back to retrofit it, i asked them to update all modules, as i was afraid of the brick-at-super-charger problem that had popped up.

They updated everything and after that, whenever i did AC charging if i unlocked the car it would stop the charge and i could take out the Type 2 connector, if i did not take it out, 1 minute later it would relock and resume the charging.

It does not do it at a Fast charger, as this would stop the session, and i would possibly have to start the payment process all over.

I would suggest you take it to MG and ask them to do a full upgrade of all modules to the latest available version.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom