leeroyb

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 XPOWER
Hi all, new here. Not got the car yet but it’s being delivered on Tuesday!
Just wondering if anyone can help with the rumour that using the launch control could affect the warranty?

Thanks in advance.

Hi all, new here. Not got the car yet but it’s being delivered on Tuesday!
Just wondering if anyone can help with the rumour that using the launch control could affect the warranty?

Thanks in advance.
Well seeing as MG actually mention the fact, that the car has launch control, I doubt it. Dont worry about it and just enjoy the car.

Perfect. How are you finding your xpower?
Good thanks, apart from the dreaded vibes, which you have probably seen mentioned on here. Although mine are not too bad after a full wheel balance. Hopefully yours doesn't have them and you get to enjoy a very fast (when safe to do so) car. Lots of information on the forum, although not always easy to search for.

I’ve done so much reading it’s unreal. Just a little nervous about public charging. What’s the cheapest app or does it just depend on the actual charger not the app, so many questions!

Tha apps are free and a lot of public chargers will now just take a credit card or debit card.

I've only needed to public charge about 4 times now and used ZapMap initially to find suitable fast chargers at locations I thought I would be due a charge. Just a bit of pre-planning before a long rip helps a lot 👍. Try and have a backup charger location (or two!!) just in case !!

For me EV ownership was a whole new World of investigation and new experiences. You can kind of get your head around most stuff within the first few weeks of ownership and then you just learn as you go and by reading all the helpful posts on this site.

For me the best public charging used to be the free ScotRail train station sites until they stopped that, then for long trips I find the Tesla sites (with or without subscription) to be good value for money compared with other providers.

It is odd that with fossil fuels you get charged more at motorway locations than more out of the way sites but with EV charging it tends to be flat rate no matter where the charger is. At the moment you can pay anything from high 30ish pence per kW to close to 90 pence per kW.

Have a look at a few providers pricing structures as they all have their own way of doing things and keep changing the offers.

Not seen any info saying launch control impacts warranty and it's not like a Fisker where you are limited to 500 uses.

Get yourself Zapmap m8.
Very useful for public charging.
My go to, are Tesla Superchargers, but there is nothing closer than Harrogate for you.

Screenshot_20240413_123232.jpg

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom