Lead time on leasing

Neil Fellows

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
I was looking to lease a new MG5 until I had a chat with a lease company today - I was informed the average lead time was around 5 months! Can I ask if anyone else has leased (or indeed simply purchased brand new) and if so what their lead time was please?

Bought new. Delivered in under two weeks. Would have been one week, but I couldn’t get there to collect any sooner.

I was looking to lease a new MG5 until I had a chat with a lease company today - I was informed the average lead time was around 5 months! Can I ask if anyone else has leased (or indeed simply purchased brand new) and if so what their lead time was please?
It doesn't ring true.

I'm sure you could get one within the week if you weren't fussy which dealer you bought it from. There's plenty about.

I'd guess the sales guy is trying to put you off the MG5 and into another car.

I'd speak with more leasing companies. This company seems to be aiming at the EV market:

Home - JustEVs

It doesn't ring true.

I'm sure you could get one within the week if you weren't fussy which dealer you bought it from. There's plenty about.

I'd guess the sales guy is trying to put you off the MG5 and into another car.

I'd speak with more leasing companies. This company seems to be aiming at the EV market:

Home - JustEVs
Yes, possibly, they did indeed try to offer an alternative - a Nissan Leaf - hardly an estate car! To be fair to them, they offered an MG5 in red as it was 'in stock' but still a five week wait. Plus I don't really want red anyway!

I was attracted to them since they have decent reviews and their monthly lease for the MG5 was considerably less than a lot of other lease companies I've looked at HERE: MG5 EV Lease | MG5 EV Estate Lease Deals | DriveElectric (drive-electric.co.uk)

I think my next step is to contact dealers directly and see what lease they can offer me.

I am receiving my company lease MG ZS EV, next friday. Order 1st December. Built new. There was extra delays shipping in UK, and up to 3 wks to do pre checks.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom